- Printed By – Ernest J. Day & Co. Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone – Charlie Holmes
- Banjo, Guitar – Will Johnson (2)
- Bass [String] – George "Pops" Foster* (tracks: A4 to A8, B1 to B8)
- Brass Bass – William "Bass" Moore* (tracks: A1 to A3)
- Clarinet, Alto Saxophone – Albert Nicholas
- Drums – Paul Barbarin
- Liner Notes – Brian Rust
- Piano – Luis Russell
- Tenor Saxophone – Greely Walton (tracks: B6 to B8), Teddy Hill (tracks: A1 to A8, B1 to B5)
- Trombone – J.C. Higginbotham
- Trumpet – Bill Coleman (2) (tracks: A4 to A6), Henry Allen* (tracks: A4 to AA8, B1 to B8), Louis Metcalf (tracks: A1 to A3), Otis Johnson (tracks: A7, A8, B1)
- Vocals – J.C. Higginbotham (tracks: A5), Unknown Artist (tracks: A4, A5), Walter "Fats" Pichon (tracks: A3)
A1 to A3 recorded New York January 15, 1929.
A4 to A6 recorded New York September 6, 1929.
A7 recorded New York December 17, 1929.
A8 & B1 recorded New York January 24, 1930.
B2 to B5 recorded New York May 29, 1930.
B6 to B8 recorded New York September 5, 1930
Made and Printed in Great Britain.
Yellow logo and silver print label. Flip back cover.
Title on front cover & spine "The Luis Russell Story 1929/30", title on back cover & label "The Luis Russell Story"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: XEX.633
- Matrix / Runout: XEX.634
- Matrix / Runout: XEX63 3 - 1 >
- Matrix / Runout: XEX 634 - 1