Magic Brother, cassettes – The West Country
- Acoustic Guitar – Michael Brown (tracks: 03)
- Backing Vocals – Aimee Grinter (tracks: 03)
- Banjo – Sam Fullman (tracks: 05)
- Bass Guitar – Alaster Goodridge (tracks: 05), Joe Fullman (tracks: 01,02), Nipper Smith (tracks: 03,04)
- Drums – Jim from Beanos (tracks: 05), Nick Wright (tracks: 01,02), Peter J Lally (tracks: 04), Wayne Bulled (tracks: 03)
- Electric Guitar – Nick Reeves (tracks: 03,04,05), Rob Delta (tracks: 01,02)
- Flute – Faye Milton (tracks: 01,02)
- Keyboards – Rob Delta (tracks: 04)
- Lead Guitar – Sam Fullman (tracks: 01,02,05)
- Lead Vocals – Faye Milton (tracks: 01,02,05), Nick Reeves (tracks: 03,04,05), Sam Fullman (tracks: 01,02,05)
- Organ – Gavin Kinch (tracks: 01,03,04)
- Percussion – Leslie Ricketts (tracks: 03)
- Production – Gavin Kinch (tracks: 01,02,03,04)
01 Magic Brother - The West Country
02 Magic Brother - Holy Cow
03 cassettes - The West Country
04 cassettes - Receipts
05 special bonus original demo
Sometime ago Sam Fullman and Nick Reeves co-wrote a song called The West Country. More recently they were playing this song in different version, with their own bands, respectively Magic Brother and cassettes. Onomatopoiea Records thought it was be fun and interesting to ask both bands to record their version, plus another song each, for a split EP release. The original demo is an unlisted bonus track.
This release is Magic Brother’s debut and is cassettes first official release after a series of underground, lo-fi, self-released albums. Both bands come from Croydon, South London and this record is very much a Made In Croydon release.
Onomatopoeia Records is a one-man record label that is an independent as they come. Previous releases include: William D Drake (Cardiacs), They Came From The Stars I Saw Them, & Pinhead Nation.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 060174957048