Tracklist Hide Credits
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Larry HochmanVocals [Duet With] – Judy Blazer*Written-By – Alexander Olshanetsky, Jacob Jacobs
Written-By – Mordecai Gebirtig*
Written-By – Moshe Nadir
|4||Raisins And Almonds
Written-By – Abraham Goldfaden, Henry Lefkowitch, Stanley Lionel
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Bruce CoughlinWritten-By – Herman Yablokoff
|6||Ten Kopeks / Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious / The Hokey Pokey
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Doug Besterman*Translated By [Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, The Hokey Pokey Yiddish Translations] – Moishe RosenfeldWritten By – Traditional/Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman/Charles Mack, Taft Baker and Roland La PriseWritten-By – Charles Mack*, Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman, Roland La Prise, Taft Baker*, Traditional
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Doug Besterman*Translated By [Yiddish Translation] – Miriam KressynWritten-By – Leonard Bernstein, Stephen Sondheim
Written-By – Traditional
|9||Paper Is White
Written-By – Traditional
|10||Song Of The Titanic
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Larry HochmanVocals [Duet With] – Judy Blazer*Written-By – Joshua Rayzner
|11||Motl The Operator
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Michael StarobinWritten-By – Chaim Towber, H. Solomonson
|12||Under Your White Stars
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Eric Stern (3)Written-By – Abraham Brudno, Abraham Sutzkever
Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Doug Besterman*Translated By [Yiddish Translation] – Henry SapoznikWritten-By – Paul Simon
|14||Take Me Out To The Ball Game / God Bless America
Translated By [Yiddish Translation] – Henry SapoznikWritten By – Jack Norworth and Albert von Tilzer/Irving BerlinWritten-By – Albert von Tilzer, Irving Berlin, Jack Norworth
|15||Der Alter Tzigayner / White Christmas
Translated By [White Christmas Yiddish Translation] – Moishe RosenfeldViolin [Duet With] – Nadja Salerno-SonnenbergWritten By – Abraham Ellstein and Jacob Jacobs/Irving BerlinWritten-By – Abraham Ellstein, Irving Berlin, Jacob Jacobs
Written-By – Mark M. Warshawsky*
- Accordion – Dominic Cortese
- Alto Vocals – Abby Simon, Cheryl Gross, Lisa Kirsch, Susan Romalis
- Arranged By [Musical Arrangements], Piano, Celesta [Celeste] – Paul Ford
- Bass – John Beal
- Bass Vocals – Dan Rous, Daryl Hughes (2), Greg Gardner (2), Mark Johnson (24), Rob Moss (3), Romulus Murrell, Seth Katz, Steve Friedman (2)
- Cello – Caryl Paisner, Clay Ruede, Jesse Levy
- Chorus – The Zalmen Mlotek Yiddish Chorale
- Concertmaster – Suzanne Ornstein
- Conductor – Eric Stern (3)
- Contractor [Choral] – Zalmen Mlotek
- Contractor [Orchestral] – John Miller(2)
- Copyist [Music Preparation] – Donald Oliver, Evan Morris (2)
- Design – Barbara de Wilde
- Drums – Warren Odze
- Edited By – Paul Zinman
- Engineer – Tom Lazarus
- Engineer [Hit Factory Assistant] – Ian Dalsemer, Michael McCoy
- Engineer [Manhattan Center Assistant] – Alistair Farrant
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- French Horn – Sharon Moe, Theresa MacDonnell
- Guitar, Mandolin – Scott Kuney
- Harp – Grace Paradise
- Keyboards [Keyboard] – Lee Musiker
- Liner Notes – Mandy Patinkin
- Mastered By – Ric Wilson (2)
- Orchestrated By [Orch.] – Don Sebesky (tracks: 2 to 4, 8), Glen Daum (tracks: 9, 14 to 16)
- Other [American Flag Courtesy Of] – Inge Morath
- Other [Gristede's Market Window On July 4th (Stars Detail) Courtesy Of] – Bob Adelman
- Percussion – Jim Baker*
- Photography By [Photographs Of Mandy Patinkin] – Richard Avedon
- Photography By [Statue Of Liberty Photograph] – Joel Meyerowitz
- Photography By [The Steerage, 1907] – Alfred Stieglitz
- Producer – Tommy Krasker
- Programmed By [Synthesizer Programming] – Bruce Samuels (2)
- Soprano Vocals – Gail Watson (2), Helene Gasner, Leslie Cutler, Nancy Samotin, Robin Sneider, Sara Ruderman
- Supervised By [Special Consultant] – Moishe Rosenfeld
- Tenor Vocals – Brian Anderson (7), Clifford Terry, Dan Rosenbaum (2), Lynn Randolph, Michael Fay (3), Nathaniel Wilson (3), Noel Hart, Zalmen Mlotek
- Trombone – Jim Pugh, Paul Faulise
- Trumpet – Byron Stripling, Danny Cahn
- Viola – Crystal Garner, Debra Shufelt, Kenneth Burward-Hoy
- Violin – Belinda Whitney, Cenovia Cummins, Erica Kiesewetter, Naomi Katz, Roy Lewis (2), Shinwon Kim, Xin Zhao
- Vocals [With Children] – Adam Lazarus, Felicia Rosenfeld, Gideon Grody-Patinkin, Madeleine Lazarus, Zachary Frankel
- Woodwind – Dave Tofani, John Campo, John Moses, Lawrence Feldman, Rick Heckman
Recorded August 1997 at The Hit Factory, New York City.
Edited at SoundByte Productions, New York City.
Mixed at Manhattan Center Studios, New York City.
Mastered at Digisonics, Northridge, CA.
Music prepared for Chelsea Music Service, Inc.
American Flag from Magnum Photos, Inc.
The Steerage © 1998 The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Gristede's Market Window On July 4th (Stars Detail) from Magnum Photos, Inc.
Track 1: Remembering a little town called Belz. This translation © Copyright 1997 by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation.
Track 2: A shepherd tells of his lost love.
Track 3: A Rabbi gets drunk, makes music, and celebrates life. © Unichappell c/o Warner Chappell.
Track 4: A mother cradles her child, wishing him everything. © Copyright 1954 [Renewed] by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation. This arrangement © 1997 by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation.
Track 5: A boy sells cigarettes to survive the war. © Copyright Warner Bros, Publications c/o Warner Chappell.
Track 6: A guy wants ten pennies to romance his girls. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious © 1963 Wonderland Music Company, Inc. Copyright renewed. The Hokey Pokey © 1950 Renewed 1978 Acuff-Rose Music, Inc. International copyright secured.
Track 7: Mayn Mirl. © Copyright 1957, 1997 Leonard Bernstein Music Publishing Co. LLC.
Track 8: A mother asks her daughter, what do you want?
Track 9: To the most wonderful girl in the world.
Track 10: Doomed, lovers, refusing to separate, ask God why?
Track 11: A tailor working in a sweatshop to support his family is killed in a union strike.
Track 12: A Holocaust song. © Copyright 1934 [Renewed] by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation. This arrangement © Copyright 1997 by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation.
Track 13: Our journey to America. © Copyright 1973, 1997 Paul Simon, Paul Simon Music.
Track 14: God Bless America © Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin. © Copyright renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin. © Copyright assigned to Winthrop Rutherford, Jr., Anne Phipps Sidamon-Eristoff and Theodore R. Jackson as trustees of God Bless America fund. International copyright secured.
Track 15: The old Gypsy fiddler plays an unforgettable tune. Der Alter Tzigayner © Copyright 1942 [Renewed] by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation. This arrangement © Copyright 1997 by Ethnic Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation. White Christmas © Copyright 1940, 1942 by Irving Berlin. © Copyright renewed. International copyright secured.
Track 16: Children learn their ABC's. © Copyright 1921 [Renewed] by Joeneil Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation. This arrangement © Copyright 1997 by Joeneil Music, a division of Music Sales Corporation.
All selections ASCAP, except for Tracks 3, 5, and 13, BMI.
Nonesuch Records, a Warner Music Group Company. ℗ & © 1998 Nonesuch Records for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States. Printed in the U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: W2009 2 79459-2 01
- Barcode: 07559-79459-2 8