Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Petbrook Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Creature Music Ltd.
- Licensed To – Creature Music Ltd.
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Published By – Mann Music
- Published By – Warner/Chappell
- Published By – Sony / ATV Music Publishing
- Published By – Marzique Music Co. Inc.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing
- Published By – B. Feldman & Co.
- Published By – J. Curwen & Sons
- Published By – Earthly Music Limited
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishing
- Published By – Laurence Myers Ltd.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music
- Published By – Chelsea Music Publishing
- Published By – Robins Music Corp.
- Published By – Windswept Trio Music Company
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Published By – Scalehand Ltd.
- Published By – Blue Mountain Music
- Published By – Zomba Music
- Published By – Universal/MCA Music
- Published By – Magnetic Publishing
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Arista Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jubilee Music Ltd.
- Published By – Bocu Music Ltd.
- Published By – Hornall Brothers Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Disneyland Paris Studio, Marne-La-Vallée
- Advisor [Technical Advice] – Ian Tompson, Martin Bresnan
- Compiled By, Liner Notes [Booklet Written By] – Andy Taylor (13)
- Design [General Layout Design] – Iain Scott (4), Nigel Stanworth
- Engineer [Liverpool Sound Man] – Martin Bresnan
- Engineer, Remix [Remixing Bits] – Ian Tompson
- Mastered By – Andy Jackson
Tracks 2-4, 2-8, 2-12 are marked as "US Only Release"
Track 1-1: 1970 single
Track 1-2: (1969) Taken from the first album. Called "A B Side" it was the 'B' side of Manfred Mann's last sixties hit Ragamuffin Man.
Track 1-3: (1970) It was from the unreleased Manfred Mann Chapter III Volume 3. Also the title track of MMEB's third album.
Track 1-4: (1970) Another track from the unreleased album.
Track 1-5: (1970)
Track 1-6: (1971) From the never released album 'Stepping Sideways' that would have been credited to Manfred Mann. This was later reworked for Glorified Magnified.
Tracks 1-7, 1-8, 1-10: (1971)
Track 1-9: (1971) Version title as in the booklet. On the sleeve it's called "Previously Unreleased Version".
Tracks 1-11; 1-12: (1971) Other tracks from the unreleased album.
Track 1-13: (1973) Taken from the album Solar Fire.
Track 1-14: (1973)
Track 2-1 (1976) Single Version. A longer version can be found on The Roaring Silence, with live versions on Budapest and Mann Alive.
Track 2-2: (1976) This first appeared on Nightingales And Bombers and as a [shorter] single. This version was re-recorded in 1976. This was put out in the States as the follow up to Blinded and also appeared on the revised US version of The Roaring Silence. It was re-released as a single in Europe. A live version can be found on Budapest.
Track 2-3: (1971) The first single in 1971 with the new line-up, credited on the record as Manfred Mann. Failed to chart in the UK but was a minor hit in the States.
Track 2-4: (1973) From the US release Get Your Rocks Off. This replaced "Black And Blue" on the re-titled, rec-covered US version of Messin'.
Track 2-5: (1972) Taken from the first album. It was also a single in the States.
Track 2-6: (1979) Liner notes mention that this written by Chris Thompson but this is not correct.
Track 2-7: (1977) From the album Watch.
Track 2-8: (1975) Recorded for the Warner Bros US version of Nightingales And Bombers.
Track 2-9: (1977) Taken from the Watch album. Single Version.
Track 2-10: (1984) Recorded for the American market and a top twenty hit in the States during the 1984 Olympics. It was included on the US release of Somewhere In Afrika, and came out in Europe as a single.
Track 2-11: (1988) Recorded for a proposed US version of Masque which was never released.
Track 2-12: (1984) The follow up to Runner in the States and the version here was included on the US Afrika album. Until its inclusion on the re-mastered Criminal Tango album it had not been released in Europe.
Track 2-13: (1991) First put out on the US release of Plains Music as the US record label were unhappy with the album having two versions of the same song ("Hunting Bow" and "Hunting Bow Reprise"). The UK release had both versions of "Hunting Bow" and "Salmon Fishing".
Track 3-1: (1984) Live version.
Track 3-2: (1976) Taken from the album The Roaring Silence.
Track 3-3: (1981) The sleeve mentions "Previously Unreleased Version". This is not correct since it concerns the Single Version.
Track 3-4: (1982) Single.
Track 3-5: (1982) The album version had Chris Thompson on the English vocals. This is the single version featuring Shona Laing.
Track 3-6: (1982)
Track 3-7: (1982) Only released as the B side of Redemption Song.
Track 3-8: (1981) From the Chance album.
Track 3-9: (1987)
Track 3-10: (1988) Cyndi Lauper song.
Track 3-11: (1996)
Track 3-12: (1984) Live from Budapest. First recorded for Somewhere In Afrika and as a single.
Track 3-13: (1998) First appeared on the Watch album. This is the live version from the Mann Alive album.
Track 4-1: (1990)
Track 4-2: (1993) Post Plains Music version of the song that was first recorded for Masque.
Track 4-3: (1996) Recorded after Soft Vengeance on which a version of this song featuring Chris Thompson exists. This is a new version.
Tracks 4-4, 4-5: (1993) Songs left off Soft Vengeance.
Track 4-6: (1993) A very rough and unfinished mix.
Track 4-7: (1993) Done much earlier than the version on Soft Vengeance which had Chris Thompson on vocals.
Track 4-8: (1993) Captured live on the mixing desk in Cologne, Germany in 1993.
Track 4-9: (1993) Also recorded in Cologne in 1993, this song has never been recorded in the studio.
Track 4-10: (2001) Recorded live at Pratteln, Switzerland.
Track 4-11: (2001) Old ABBA hit. Recorded at Billy Babbs' Disneyworld, Paris.
Track 4-12: (2001) Live version. Taken from the sound mixing desk.
Track 4-13: (2004) Taken from the sessions for 2006 but not included on the final version of the album.
℗ 2005 The copyright in this compilation is owned by Petbrook Ltd. on exclusive licence to Creature Music Limited.
© 2005 Creature Music Limited.
Publishers (not mentioned for all tracks):
Tracks 1-1, 1-2, 3-13, 4-2: Carlin Music Corp.
Tracks 1-3: Mann Music
Tracks 1-6, 2-3, 2-4: Warner Chappell
Tracks 1-8, 2-8, 3-8: Sony/ATV Music Publishing
Track 1-9: Marzique Music Co Inc
Tracks 1-11, 4-3: EMI Music Publishing
Track 1-13: B Feldman & Co
Track 1-14: (Gustav Holst) J Curwen & Sons
Tracks 1-15, 2-7, 2-9, 3-2: Earthly Music Ltd
Tracks 2-1, 2-2: Zomba Music Publishing
Track 2-5: Laurence Myers Productions Ltd
Track 2-6: Screen Gems-EMI Music
Track 2-10: Chelsea Music Publishing
Track 2-11: Robins Music Corp / Windswept Trio Music Co
Track 2-12: Chrysalis Music Ltd
Tracks 2-13, 3-6.a to 3-7, 3-9, 4-1, 4-5, 4-6: Scalehand Ltd
Tracks 3-1, 3-5: Blue Mountain Music
Track 3-3: Zomba Music
Track 3-10: Universal/MCA Music
Track 3-12: Magnetic Publishing
Track 4-7: Copyright Control
Track 4-8: Zomba Music Publishing / Arista Music Inc.
Track 4-10: Jubilee Music Ltd
Track 4-11: Bocu Music Ltd
Track 4-12: Warner Chappell / Hornall Bros Music Ltd
4-cd set in 32 page book-style cover (cover counted here as page 1/2 and 31/32) with CD trays for two CDs each on pages 2 and 31.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5060051330933
- Barcode (as printed): 5 060051 330933
- Label Code: LC 01051
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): MMBOOK1 18226 CD1
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): MMBOOK1 18227 CD2
- Matrix / Runout (CD3): MMBOOK1 18228 CD3
- Matrix / Runout (CD4): MMBOOK1 18229 CD4
- Mastering SID Code (All Discs): IFPI L213
- Mould SID Code (All Discs): IFPI 3705