Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Father Of Day, Father Of Night
Written-By – Bob Dylan
|A2||In The Beginning, Darkness||5:25|
|A3||Pluto The Dog||2:50|
|B2||Saturn, Lord Of The Ring / Mercury, The Winged Messenger||6:36|
|B3||Earth: The Circle Part Two
Written-By – Mann*
|B4||Earth: The Circle Part One
Written-By – Mann*
- Backing Vocals – Doreen And Irene Chanter*, Grove Singers
- Bass Guitar – Colin Pattenden
- Design, Photography By – Fin Costello
- Drums [Fibes] – Chris Slade
- Engineer – John Pantry
- Engineer [Contributions By] – Dave Stephens, John Edwardes*
- Guitar, Vocals – Mick Rogers
- Lacquer Cut By – BilBo (3)
- Management – H.M.*
- Organ, Synthesizer, Vocals – Manfred Mann (2)
- Percussion [Extra] – Peter Miles (3) (tracks: A2)
- Producer – Manfred Mann And Earthband*
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Laurence Latham*
- Trombone – Paul Rutherford (2)
Recorded at the Workhouse, Old Kent Road, London, 1973.
Special thanks to John Pantry for his invaluable contributions.
Management H.M.M. 490 Old Kent Road, London SE1
Manufactured & distributed for Island Records Ltd.
From inner gatefold:
Solar: Concerned with, determined by the sun
Fire: Active principle operative in combustion.
The Concise Oxford Dictionary
From Centre labels:
Manfred Mann's Earthband [Variant of artist's name]
℗ 1973 Bronze Records Ltd.
Manufactured and distributed by [Island 'i' logo appears] Island Records Limited
[Side A:] Published by B. Feldman & Co Ltd, except ✝Big Ben Music Ltd [Note: Index sign '✝' refers to Track A1]
[Side B:] Published by B. Feldman & Co Ltd
Track titles given as on cover.
Inconsistency: The cover lists 'Manfred Mann and Earthband' as the producer, the label only 'Manfred Mann'.
Another pressing please see: Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Solar Fire
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): ILPS.9265-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): ILPS.9265-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, stamped): ILPS 9265 A-2 GL 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, stamped): ILPS 9265 B-1U RG 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): BILBO
Other Versions (5 of 96) View All
|96.515||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (CD, Album)||Carrere||96.515||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|610 590, 610 590-222||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (CD, Album)||Bronze, Bronze||610 590, 610 590-222||Europe||1985||Sell This Version|
|ILPS 9265||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, Gat)||Bronze||ILPS 9265||Scandinavia||1973||Sell This Version|
|87 515 XOT||Manfred Mann's Earthband*||Solar Fire (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Bronze||87 515 XOT||Germany||1974||Sell This Version|
|28.778-I||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Bronze||28.778-I||Spain||1981||Sell This Version|