Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Blinded By The Light
Written-By – Bruce Springsteen
|A2||Singing The Dolphin Through
Written-By – Mike Heron (2)
|A3||Waiter, There's A Yawn In My Ear
Written-By – Mann*
|B1||The Road To Babylon||6:54|
|B2||This Side Of Paradise||4:46|
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangement] – Derek Wadsworth
- Backing Vocals – Doreen & Irene Chanter*, Chris Slade, Mick Rogers, Suzanne Lynch
- Bass – Colin Pattenden
- Choir – Chris Sennett, Gillian Ainscow, Graham Jenkins, Hilary Farmborough, Jacqueline Nicholls, Janet Bunting, Jeremy Paynton-Jones, Laurence Holden, Marilyn Bennett, Peter Cudmore, Philip Keywood, Stan Bailey
- Crew [Road Crew] – Charlie MacPherson, Mick Poole, Mick Williams (3), Mouse (20)
- Design [Album Design] – Shirtsleeve Studio
- Drums, Percussion [Percs.] – Chris Slade
- Engineer – Laurence Latham*
- Guitar, Vocals – Chris Hamlet Thompson*
- Keyboards – Manfred Mann (2)
- Lead Guitar – Dave Flett
- Management – Harry Maloney
- Mastered By – Arun Chakraverty
- Other [3736 Cups Of Tea, Nearly Sang On The Album] – Mary Hopper
- Other [Credit For Waiting On The Credits] – Candy Temple
- Photography By [Group Photographs] – Martyn Goddard
- Producer – Manfred Mann And Earthband*
- Recorder – David Culpan, Margaret Wood, Tony Rowell
- Saxophone [Sax Solo] – Barbara Thompson
- Soloist [Alternately] – Chris Thompson (tracks: B3), Dave* (tracks: B3), Manfred* (tracks: B3)
- Soloist [Guitar] – Chris Thompson (tracks: A2), Dave Flett (tracks: A1, A3 to B2, B4)
- Strings – David Millman
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Edwin Cross
- Vocals [End Vocal] – Manfred Mann (2) (tracks: A1)
Guitar, Dave Flett, Except "Singing the Dolphin through" by Chris Thompson.
"Starbird", Manfred, Dave, Manfred, Chris Thompson alternately.
Recorded at the Workhouse, Old Kent Road, London, 1976.
(Thanks to Pete Walters)
Mixed at the Workhouse and Advision Studios
(Thanks to Paul Northfield and Declan)
Production: (Thanks to Dave Hadfield)
Harry Maloney Management
490 Old Kent Road
'Waiter, there is a yawn in my ear' recorded live with studio overdubs.
Track A1: © 1972 Laurel Canyon Music Ltd.
Index sign in front of track titles preceding lyrics for tracks A2 to B4 on cover backside: ★
★©1976 Earthly Music Ltd. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Warner Bros. Music.
℗1976 Bronze Records Limited
Manufactured and distributed by - WEA Music of Canada, Ltd/Fabriqué et distribué par - WEA Musique du Canada, Ltée./1810 Birchmount Rd., Scarborugh, Ont. A Warner Communications Company. ©1976 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Original Canadian 1st pressing, copies have Brown cover, Burbank label design with "Bronze Records" logo, and do not include "Spirt In The Night".
Mastering credit on sleeve is from original artwork and does not apply to this release. This record was mastered and pressed at CBS Records Canada Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A run-out area [hand-etched]): BS-2965-Side I - 1A-2G:
- Matrix / Runout (Side B run-out area [hand-etched]): BS-2965-Side II - 1A-2G:
Other Versions (5 of 94) View All
|ILPS 9357||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||The Roaring Silence (LP, Album)||Bronze||ILPS 9357||UK||1976||Sell This Version|
|27 870 XOT||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||The Roaring Silence (LP, Album)||Bronze||27 870 XOT||Austria||1976||Sell This Version|
|M5-3055, M5 3055||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||The Roaring Silence (Cass, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records, Bronze, Warner Bros. Records, Bronze||M5-3055, M5 3055||Canada||1977||Sell This Version|
|BSK 3055||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||The Roaring Silence (LP, Album, TP)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3055||US||1976||Sell This Version|
|CECC-00123||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||The Roaring Silence (CD, Album)||Century Records (6)||CECC-00123||Japan||1990||Sell This Version|