Tracklist Hide Credits
Drums – James GadsonDrums, Synthesizer, Bongos – Marvin GayeGuitar – Gordon Banks
Backing Vocals – Gordon Banks, Harvey Fuqua, Marvin GayeDrums, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer, Organ, Bells [Orchestra], Glockenspiel, Bells, Cymbal [Finger], Bongos, Congas – Marvin GayeGuitar – Gordon BanksWritten By – Marvin Gaye And Odell BrownWritten-By – Odell Brown
|3||Rockin' After Midnight
Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Joel PeskinDrums, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Bells [Orchestra], Finger Snaps, Bongos, Tambourine – Marvin GayeGuitar – Gordon Banks
Guitar, Bass, Drums – Gordon BanksSynthesizer – Marvin GayeTenor Saxophone – Bobby Stern
|5||Turn On Some Music
Drums, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Bells [Orchestra], Glockenspiel – Marvin GayeGuitar – Gordon Banks
|6||Third World Girl
Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Bass], Organ – Marvin GayeGuitar, Bass, Drums – Gordon BanksHarmonica – Bobby Stern
Drums, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Bass] – Marvin GayeGuitar, Bass – Gordon BanksTenor Saxophone – Bobby Stern
|8||My Love Is Waiting
Drums, Guitar, Bass, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Gordon BanksSynthesizer, Organ – Marvin GayeWritten-By – Gordon Banks
|9||Rockin' After Midnight (Instrumental)|
- Arranged By [Horns], Conductor [Horns] – McKinley T. Jackson*
- Contractor [Horns] – David Stout
- Engineer [Assistant / Recording, Mixing] – Didier Leonard, Henri Van Durme
- Engineer [Horns Recording] – Dan Bates
- Engineer [Recording, Mixing] – Mike Butcher
- Engineer [Remix, Editing] – John Kovorak*
- Executive-Producer – Larkin Arnold
- Horns – David Stout And The L.A. Horn Section
- Mastered By – Brian Gardner
- Mixed By, Edited By – Harvey Fuqua
- Photography By – Michael Heeg
- Producer, Arranged By, Vocals – Marvin Gaye
- Technician [Recording, Mixing] – John Rutledge
- Written-By – Marvin Gaye (tracks: A1 to B3)
Remixed and edited at Devonshire Studios, Los Angeles, California.
Horns recorded at Kendun Recorders, Burbank, California.
Vocals recorded at Studio Katy, Ohaine, Belgium and Arco Studios, Munich, Germany.
Mastered at Allen Zentz Recording Studio, Los Angeles, CA.
℗ 1982 CBS Inc./© 1982 CBS Inc.
Made & Printed in Holland
Some copies come with round yellow sticker in the upper right corner, red text: "features the Smash Single Sexual Healing plus Turn On Some Music and Third World Girl 85977"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 9699-86398-6 7
Other Versions (5 of 76) View All
|CBS 85977, 85977, FC 38197||Marvin Gaye||Midnight Love (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS, CBS||CBS 85977, 85977, FC 38197||Europe||1982||Sell This Version|
|CDCBS 85977||Marvin Gaye||Midnight Love (CD, Album, RE)||CBS||CDCBS 85977||Europe||1994||Sell This Version|
|40-85977||Marvin Gaye||Midnight Love (Cass, Album, RE, CrO)||CBS||40-85977||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|40-32776||Marvin Gaye||Midnight Love (Cass, Album, RE)||CBS||40-32776||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|CM 38197||Marvin Gaye||Midnight Love (MD, Album)||Columbia||CM 38197||US||1994||Sell This Version|