- Alto Saxophone, Voice [Wordspeak], Synthesizer [Korg Monotron, Korg Monotron Delay, Korg Monotron Duo Analogue], Upright Piano [Early 1900s Archambault] – Matana Roberts
- Lacquer Cut By – MK (11)
- Lyrics By [Some] – W.M. Jones Sr.
- Mastered By – Harris Newman
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Radwan Ghazi Moumneh*
- Text By – Captain G.L. Sullivan
Sound samples from #southernsojourn2014: a scaled-down field recording weave of Roberts' 25-day ramble in wintered Mississippi/Tennessee/Louisiana USA and a touch of a very chaotic New York City 21st century.
Also samples from:
Malcom X, "Confronting White Oppression", Feb 14 1965, Ford Auditorium, Detroit, MI.
Gertrude, last name unknown, homeless and sweet, downtown Jackson, MS.
Captain G.L. Sullivan, "Dhow Chasing in Zanzibar Waters", 1873.
Public domain songs quoted throughout:
"Star Spangled Banner" - Francis Scott Key
"Beautiful Dreamer" - Stephen Foster
"The Pledge of Allegiance" - Mississippi State Senate
"My Country Tis of Thee" - Samuel Francis Smith
"Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing" - James Weldon Johnson
"All the Pretty Horses" - unknown origin
Made in Canada (sticker)
Comes on 180g vinyl and includes art print poster and a digital download code.
Pressing/cutting company and cutting engineer are derived from matrix.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker): 6 66561 01101 7
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): BE71191-01 A1 MK
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): BE71191-01 B1 MK VI