|A1||Overture "The Hebrides" (Fingal's Cave) Op. 26|
|Symphony No. 3 In A Minor, "The Scotch" Op. 56|
|A2||Introduction And Allegro Agitato|
|B.a||Scherzo Assai Vivace|
|B.c||Allegro Guerriero And Finale Maestoso|
The original version has a sleeve with scalloped (aka 'half-moon') flipbacks and was released in November 1960.
- Black/silver 'grooved wideband' labels
- "ORIGINAL RECORDING BY" at 11 o'clock
- "Made in England" at bottom
- "RECORDING FIRST PUBLISHED 1960"
- Decca 'Musical Notes' logo on both sides
- Matrix numbers printed upside-down
- Front laminated
- Straight two-way flipbacks
- Boxed Decca logos on front and back
- Large "STEREO" on front
- Thin spine with no text on it
- "© The Decca Record Co. Ltd., London, 1960."
- "Cover picture: The Pass of Killiecrankie,
(photo by arrangement with British Holidays
and Travel Association).
Inset: Mendelssohn's own sketch of part of the Pass."
- "Made in England"
- "Laminated with 'Clarifoil' made by British Celanese Limited"
- Unsigned sleeve notes in English on back
- SXL 2246 on sleeve
- SXL.2246 on labels
- Recorded 21 - 22 April 1960 in Kingsway Hall, London
- Labelography code: ED1
- Corresponding mono issue has cat# LXT 5601
- Sub tracks are not banded on vinyl
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1, stamped): ZAL-4811-3D B 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2, stamped): ZAL-4812-3E C 1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 1): ZAL.4811
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 2): ZAL.4812
- Other (Printing company's code on back of sleeve): McN6.61®