Tracklist Hide Credits
- Manufactured By – Poly Som Com. E Ind. de Plásticos Ltda.
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Kiko Dinucci
- Drums, Voice – Tony Allen
- Electric Bass, Production Manager – Marcelo Cabral
- Mastered By – Felipe Tichauer
- Percussion – Maurício Bade*
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Sampler, Production Manager – Daniel Bozio
- Tenor Saxophone, Piano [Pocket Piano], Production Manager – Thiago França
- Voice – Juçara Marçal
Dense and spiritual, the São Paulo’s trio Metá Metá ("three in one" in Yoruba), composed of Kiko Dinucci (guitar), Juçara Marcal (voice) and Thiago França (saxophone) presents exclusively at Goma Gringa their new single 'Alakorô that features Maurício Bade (percussion) and the legendary Tony Allen, Nigerian drummer creator of Afro-Beat along with Fela Kuti.
Metá Metá’s music proposes a new and unique sound, influenced by the Afro-Brazilian music and fueled by its components’s musical references, from samba to free jazz, from Afro to Punk.
The Akorô, ('small crown' in Yoruba), is a small metal crown, used or by Ògún or by his wife Oyá.
Titletrack ‘Alakorô' - in Yoruba “owner of the small crown” - is a praise to Oyá, where rhythm and melody induce a trance, led sometimes by Juçara Marcal’s singing, sometimes by Thiago França’s saxophone.
The B side, 'Sao Paulo No Shakin’, offers a more urban reading of the encounter between saxophonist Thiago França, bassist Marcelo Cabral and producer Daniel Bozzio with Tony Allen where the repetitive and fluid rhythm is carried by the saxophone in a sinuous and hypnotic production.