Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Bili Thedford, Dani McCormick, Venetta FieldsBass – Chuck RaineyGuitar – Phil UpchurchWritten-By – Keni St. Lewis
|A2||Lover And Friend
Arranged By [Rhythm] – Stevie WonderDrums, Synthesizer [Synthesized Bass], Piano [Acoustic Piano], Clavinet, Celesta [Celeste] – El Toro NegroHorns – Jerry Hey, Kim Hutchcroft, Larry Williams, "Seawind Horns"*Trombone – Bill Reichenbach (2)Written-By – Gene Dozier, Keni St. Lewis
|A3||Return To Forever
Acoustic Guitar – Oscar Castro Neves*Cymbal – Claudio Sloan*Horns – David Duke, Richard Perrissi*, Vince DeRosa*Percussion – Steve FormanPiano – Victor FeldmanViolin, Soloist – Jerry Vinci*Written-By – Randy Waldman
|A4||Dancin' & Actin' Crazy
Arranged By [Rhythm] – Randy WaldmanBacking Vocals – Dali Shelby, Sandra Riperton Brewer, Sidney BarnesDrums – Alex Acuna*, Leon "Ndugu" Chancler*Guitar [Funky Guitar] – Art PhillipsHorns – Jerry Hey, Kim Hutchcroft, Larry Williams, "Seawind Horns"*Piano, Synthesizer [Synthesized Bass] – Randy WaldmanTrombone – Bill Reichenbach (2)Written-By – Randy Waldman
Backing Vocals – Bili Thedford, Dani McCormick, Venetta FieldsKeyboards [Mini Moog] – Randy WaldmanWritten-By – Marlo Henderson
|B2||Never Existed Before
Acoustic Guitar – Oscar Castro Neves*Bass – David HungateDrums – Claudio Sloan*Electric Guitar – Mitch HolderFlute – Buddy Collette, Jerome Richardson, Sheridan Stokes*, Bill Green*Flute, Soloist – Hubert LawsPercussion – Steve FormanWritten-By – Bili Thedford
|B3||I'm A Woman
Electric Guitar – Marlo HendersonFlute – Buddy Collette, Jerome Richardson, Tom ScottSynthesizer – Jeremy Lubbock, Randy WaldmanWritten-By – Bili Thedford
|B4||Light My Fire
Electric Guitar – Marlo HendersonFlute – Buddy Collette, Jerome Richardson, Tom ScottFlute, Soloist – Hubert LawsPercussion – Master Henry Gibson*Piano [Acoustic Piano] – Jeremy LubbockVocals [Featuring] – Jose Feliciano*Written-By – The Doors
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Published By – Minnie's Music Co.
- Published By – Bull Pen Music Co.
- Published By – Great Randini Music And Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Kerith Music
- Published By – Doors Music Co.
- Art Direction – Roy Kohara
- Backing Vocals – Minnie Riperton (tracks: A1, A4, B1)
- Bass – Abe Laboriel* (tracks: B1, B3, B4)
- Concept By, Conductor – Jeremy Lubbock
- Design – Art Sims
- Drums – Harvey Mason (tracks: A1, B1, B3, B4)
- Electric Guitar – Mitch Holder (tracks: B1, B3, B4)
- Electric Piano – Jeremy Lubbock (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Randy Waldman (tracks: B1, B3, B4)
- Management – Connie Pappas, Dennis Turner (2), Ken Fritz
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Dick Rudolph, Henry Lewy, Steve Katz
- Other [Agent] – Peter Sheils
- Other [Hair, Wardrobe] – Crystal Saunders
- Other [Make Up] – Franklyn Walsh
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa (tracks: B1, B3, B4)
- Photography By – Charles William Bush
- Producer – Henry Lewy, Minnie Riperton, Dick Rudolph*
- Recorded By – Henry Lewy, Steve Katz
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Victor Feldman (tracks: A1, B1, B4)
- Written-By – Minnie Riperton (tracks: A1, A2, B1 to B3), Dick Rudolph* (tracks: A1 to B3)
Management: Ken Fritz Management.
Agency Representation: William Morris Agency, Los Angeles.
Manufactured by Capitol Records, Inc., a subsidiary of Capitol Industries-EMI, Inc., Hollywood and Vine Streets, Hollywood, California.
Factories: Los Angeles, California; Jacksonville, Illinois; Winchester, Virginia.
All rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws. Printed in U.S.A.
Includes printed inner sleeve (lyrics, credits / more credits, acknowledgements, dedication).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1, etched): SO-1-SO-11936 23 ─◁
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2, etched): SO-2-SO-11936 23 #3 ─◁
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 15) View All
|SO-11936||Minnie Riperton||Minnie (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||SO-11936||US||1979||Sell This Version|
|FA 3027||Minnie Riperton||Minnie (LP, Album)||Fame, Capitol Records||FA 3027||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|TC-FA 3027||Minnie Riperton||Minnie (Cass, Album, RE)||Fame, Capitol Records||TC-FA 3027||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|ST-476||Minnie Riperton||Minnie (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||ST-476||Venezuela||1980||Sell This Version|
|TOCP-53196||Minnie Riperton||Minnie (CD, Album, RM)||Capitol Records||TOCP-53196||Japan||2001||Sell This Version|