Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Golden Age Of Rock 'N' Roll
Handclaps – Tippin's Toilet TrioPiano – Morgan FisherVoice [Alan Freed] – Dan Loggins
Cello – Mike Hurwitz
Backing Vocals [Fairy Dust] – Lynsey De PaulOrgan, Synthesizer [Synthi] – Morgan*
|A4||Crash Street Kidds
Synthesizer [Synthi] – Morgan*
|B1||Born Late '58
Lead Vocals, Twelve-String Guitar [Rickenbacker], Rhythm Guitar – Overend*
|B3||Pearl 'N' Roy (England)
Chorus [Picket Line Chorus] – Ian*, Mick Ralphs, Overend*Voice ["Cosh And Helmet" Saloon Bar Scene] – Blue Weaver, Mott*, Stan*
|B4||Through The Looking Glass
Arranged By [Orchestra], Conductor [Orchestra], Tubular Bells – Graham Preskitt*
|B5||Roll Away The Stone
Backing Vocals – ThunderthighsLead Guitar – Michael Geoffrey Ralpsh*Synthesizer [Synthi] – Morgan*Voice [Chat Sequence] – Ian*, Lynsey De Paul
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Remixed At – Air Studios
- Overdubbed At – Air Studios
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Published By – April Music Inc.
- Published By – H & H Music
- Published By – Ackee Music, Inc.
- Printed By – Shorewood Packaging
- Arranged By – Ian Hunter (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5), Overend Watts (tracks: B1)
- Backing Vocals – Barry St. John (tracks: A1, B2, B4), Sue And Sunny* (tracks: A1, B2, B4)
- Bass, Vocals – Overend Watts
- Design, Typography – Mary Winton
- Drums – Dale Griffin
- Engineer [Advision Studios] – Mike Dunne, Paul Hardiman
- Engineer [AIR (London) Studios] – Bill Price, Gary Edwards, Peter Swettenham, Sean Milligan
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Morgan Fisher
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Ariel Bender
- Management – H And H Enterprises
- Orchestrated By – Graham Preskitt*
- Other [Our Man Half-way Up Somewhere] – Stan Tippins
- Photography By – John Brown (5)
- Producer – Dale Griffin, Ian Hunter, Overend Watts
- Sleeve [Concept & Design] – Roslav Szaybo
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor] – Dan Loggins
- Technician [Here, There and Everywhere] – Alan "Madswitcher" Harris*
- Tenor Saxophone – Howie Casey (tracks: A1 to A3, B3, B5)
- Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Jock McPherson (tracks: A1, A2, B3)
- Violin – Graham Preskitt* (tracks: A2)
- Vocals, Rhythm Guitar – Ian Hunter
- Written-By – I. Hunter* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5), O. Watts* (tracks: B1)
Issued with printed inner lyric sleeve.
Ariel Bender appears by courtesy of Island Records Ltd.
Recorded at Advision Studios, London W.1. January 1974.
Re-mixed and dubbed at AIR (London) Studios 2 and 3 February 1974.
Equipment by Ritchie, Phil, and Eddie.
© 1974 CBS, Inc. / ℗ 1974 CBS, Inc.
All songs © 1974/April Music Inc./H&H Music (ASCAP) except:
B5 © 1973/Ackee Music, Inc. (ASCAP)
Lynsey De Paul appeared courtesy of MAM Records and the Triumph Motor Co. Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A matrix, label): AL 32871
- Matrix / Runout (Side B matrix, label): BL 32871
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched, Variant 1): P AL-32871-1B 1 T X
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched, Variant 1): BL-32871-1A
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 38) View All
|S 69062, 69062||Mott The Hoople||The Hoople (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||S 69062, 69062||UK||1974||Sell This Version|
|467833 2||Mott The Hoople||The Hoople (CD, Album)||Columbia||467833 2||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|PCQ 32871||Mott The Hoople||The Hoople (LP, Album, Quad)||Columbia, CBS||PCQ 32871||US||1974||Sell This Version|
|40-69062||Mott The Hoople||The Hoople (Cass, Album)||CBS||40-69062||UK||1974||Sell This Version|
|467969 2||Mott The Hoople||The Hoople (CD, Album, RE)||Columbia||467969 2||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|