|1||–Muddy Waters||Country Blues (Number One)||3:32|
|2||–Muddy Waters||Interview #1||3:51|
|3||–Muddy Waters||I Be's Troubled||3:04|
|4||–Muddy Waters||Interview #2||1:50|
|5||–Muddy Waters||Burr Clover Farm Blues||2:54|
|6||–Muddy Waters||Interview #3||1:13|
|7||–Son Simms Four||Ramblin' Kid Blues (Partial)||1:10|
|8||–Son Simms Four||Ramblin' Kid Blues||3:15|
|9||–Son Simms Four||Rosalie||3:02|
|10||–Son Simms Four||Joe Turner||2:46|
|11||–Son Simms Four||Pearlie May Blues||3:25|
|12||–Muddy Waters||Take A Walk With Me||3:04|
|13||–Muddy Waters||Burr Clover Blues||3:13|
|14||–Muddy Waters||Interview #4||0:34|
|15||–Muddy Waters||I Be Bound To Write To You (First Version)||3:25|
|16||–Muddy Waters||I Be Bound To Write To You (Second Version)||2:52|
|17||–Muddy Waters||You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone (Number One)||3:25|
|18||–Muddy Waters||You Got To Take Sick And Die Some Of These Days||2:08|
|19||–Muddy Waters||Why Don't You Live So God Can Use You||2:07|
|20||–Muddy Waters||Country Blues (Number Two)||3:34|
|21||–Muddy Waters||You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone (Number Two)||3:40|
|22||–Muddy Waters||32-20 Blues||3:22|
- Acoustic Guitar – Charles Berry (3) (tracks: 15, 16, 22), Henry "Son" Simms* (tracks: 12, 13), Muddy Waters, Percy Thomas (tracks: 7 to 11)
- Liner Notes, Photography By [Cover, Pp. 2 & 11] – Mary Katherine Aldin
- Mandolin – Louis Ford (tracks: 7 to 11)
- Mastered By [Digital Remaster] – Erick Labson
- Photography By [Pp. 8-9] – Mark A. Humphrey
- Recorded By – Alan Lomax, John Work
- Reissue Producer – Andy McKaie
- Reissue Producer [Associate] – Steven Lasker
- Technician [Transfer From Acetate] – Mike Donaldson
- Violin – Henry "Son" Simms* (tracks: 7 to 11)
- Vocals – Louis Ford (tracks: 10), Muddy Waters (tracks: 1 to 9, 12 to 22), Percy Thomas (tracks: 11)
- Written-By – Muddy Waters (tracks: 1 to 9, 12 to 22)
Subtitled : 'The Historic 1941-42 Library of Congress Field Recordings'.
Tracks 1-6 recorded at Stovall, Mississippi circa August 24-31 1941.
Tracks 7-17 recorded at Stovall, Mississippi Friday, July 24 1942.
Tracks 18-22 recorded probably at Clarksdale, Mississippi, possibly July 20-24 1942.
Transfered from the Library of Congress 16-inch acetate disc masters. Digitally remastered at MCA Music Media Studios, No. Hollywood, CA.
Tracks 2, 4-7, 14, 16, 21 and 22 previously unreleased.
Track durations determined with foobar2000.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 076732934425
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-148701 2
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L328
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5070
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|CHD 9344||Muddy Waters||The Complete Plantation Recordings (CD, RM, Comp)||Chess||CHD 9344||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|CHC-9344||Muddy Waters||The Complete Plantation Recordings (Cass, Comp, RM, Club)||Chess||CHC-9344||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|CHC-9344||Muddy Waters||The Complete Plantation Recordings (Cass, Comp, RM)||Chess||CHC-9344||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|MCD 09344||Muddy Waters||The Complete Plantation Recordings (The Historic 1941-42 Library of Congress Field Recordings) (CD, Comp, RM)||Chess||MCD 09344||US||1997||Sell This Version|