Tracklist Hide Credits
- Recorded At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Recorded At – Westlake Audio
- Recorded At – United Western Studios
- Recorded At – Davlen Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Fantasy Recorders
- Mastered At – Allen Zentz Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Allen Zentz Mastering
- Manufactured By – Epic Records
- Produced For – Drumsong Productions, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Hey-Skimo Music, Co.
- Copyright (c) – J. Regg Music
- Copyright (c) – Big One Publishing
- Published By – Hey-Skimo Music, Co.
- Published By – J. Regg Music
- Published By – Big One Publishing
- Arranged By [Flute] – Hubert Laws (tracks: A1)
- Arranged By [Flutes And Synthesizers] – Ndugu*
- Arranged By [Rhythm And Vocals] – Ndugu*
- Arranged By [Strings And Horns] – Reggie Andrews
- Artwork [Gold Logo] – Schwartz & Ableser
- Backing Vocals – Leon Ndugu Chancler, Maxine "Maxi" Anderson* (tracks: A3), The Jones Girls (tracks: A1, B1, B4, B6), The O'Jays (tracks: A1), Virginia Ayers (tracks: A4)
- Bass – Byron Miller (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2 to B6), Hilliard Wilson (tracks: A2, B1)
- Cello – Julie Buffum*, Nancy Stein*
- Cello [Principal] – Paula Hochhalter
- Drums, Timbales, Vibraphone [Vibes], Percussion, Synthesizer [Polymoog] – Ndugu*
- Engineer – Phil Kaffel
- Engineer [Additional] – Frank Byron Clark*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Gary Boatner, Mark Benoliel, Nyya Lark, Paul Ray (3), Ross Pallone, Steve Crimmell*, Steve McMillan*
- Flute – Hubert Laws
- French Horn – Sydney Muldrow*
- Guitar – Al McKay (tracks: B4), David T. Walker, Roland Bautista (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B6)
- Handclaps – Albert Drew Jr., Beverly Antoine, Bruce LaMar Peterson, Byron Lee Miller*, Clarence Lawry*, Darrell Cox, Genevieve Edwards, Gwen Evans, Josie James, Kevin Bailey (12), Nathan H. East*, Roy Anthony Carter*, Valerie M. Drayton*
- Harp – Dorothy J. Ashby*
- Keyboards – Greg Phillinganes (tracks: A4), Reggie Andrews (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B6)
- Lead Vocals – Gwen Evans (tracks: A3), Josie James (tracks: A3), Leo Miller, Leon Ndugu Chancler, Maxine "Maxi" Anderson* (tracks: A3)
- Management – Charles Ward
- Mastered By – Chris Bellman
- Organ – Ronnie Foster (tracks: B1)
- Other [Stylist] – Chris Brice
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Bruce Talamon
- Photography By [Cover] – Welden Andersen
- Piano [Acoustic] – Ronnie Foster (tracks: B2)
- Producer – Leon Ndugu Chancler
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Darrell "Sweet D" Cox*, Pearl Shelby
- Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Rory Kaplan
- Reeds – Gary Biaz*, Gerald Albright, Jeff Clayton (3), Bill Green*
- Soprano Saxophone – Ronnie Laws
- Synthesizer – George Duke, Rory Kaplan (tracks: B2)
- Synthesizer [Yamaha CP30] – Ronnie Foster (tracks: B5)
- Trombone – Clay Lawry*, Garnett Brown, Maurice Spears
- Trombone, Contractor – George Bohanon
- Trumpet – Albert Aarons*, Bobby Bryant, Oscar Brashear, Ray Brown (2)
- Viola – Herschel Wise, Marilyn Baker, Sam Boghossian*
- Viola [Principal] – Rollice E. Dale*
- Violin – Don Palmer*, Janice Gower, Jay Rosen, Kenneth Yerke, Marcia VanDyke*, Mari Botnick, Mark Cargill, Pavel Farkas, Ronald Clark*, Thomas Buffum
- Violin, Concertmaster – Charles Veal Jr.
Printed on back cover:
Produced ... for Drumsong Productions, Inc.
Representation ... for Out West Management
© 1980 CBS Inc./℗ 1980 CBS Inc./Manufactured by Epic Records/CBS Inc./51 W 52 Street, New York, N.Y.
Printed on labels:
℗ 1980 CBS Inc.
Printed on inner sleeve:
Recorded at Hollywood Sound, Westlake Audio, United Western, Davlen, Hollywood, California.
Mixed at Fantasy Recorders, Berkeley, California
Mastered at Allen Zentz
Al McKay appears courtesy of ARC Records
The Jones Girls & The O' Jays appear courtesy of Philadelphia International Records
Hubert Laws & Ronnie Foster appear courtesy of Columbia Records
Ronnie Laws appears courtesy of Liberty/United Records
Gold logo by Schwartz & Ableser, Beverly Hills, CA
[A2 to B1, B3, B6] ©1980 Hey Skimo Music Co. (BMI)
[B4] ©1980 Hey Skimo Music Co. (BMI)/J. Reg Music/Big One Publishing (ASCAP)
© 1980 CBS Inc.
B3 title on back cover is "Make You Feel Better (Parts 1 & 2)" vs. "Make You Feel Better (Parts 1 And 2)" on label and inner sleeve.
Charles Ward credit on back cover is "Representation" vs. "Management" on inner sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-36377-1
- Matrix / Runout (A Side label): AL 36377
- Matrix / Runout (B Side label): BL 36377
- Matrix / Runout (A side etched, A stamped): PAL-36377-1F AZ A
- Matrix / Runout (B side etched): PBL-36377-1̶̷D̶̷-1E AZ
- Rights Society (B4): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A2 to B1, B3, B6): BMI