Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Mercy Seat
Drums – Wydler*Guitar – Wolf*Loops [Bass Loops], Piano, Guitar, Backing Vocals – Harvey*Music By – Mick Harvey, Nick CaveSlide Guitar – Bargeld*Strings – Audrey Riley, Chris Tombling, Gini BallVocals, Organ [Hammond] – Cave*Words By – Nick Cave
|A2||Up Jumped The Devil|
|B1||City Of Refuge|
|B2||Slowly Goes The Night|
|B4||Sugar Sugar Sugar|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Mute Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – INgrooves
- Marketed By – INgrooves
- Distributed By – INgrooves
- Published By – Mute Song Ltd.
- Engineered At – Hansa Tonstudios
- Engineered At – Vielklang Studio, Berlin
- Engineered At – Trident Studios
- Engineered At – Strongroom
- Engineered At – The Studio, Richmond
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mixed At – Powerplant Studios
- Mixed At – The Studio, Richmond
- Band – Blixa Bargeld, Kid Congo Powers, Mick Harvey, Roland Wolf, Thomas Wydler
- Engineer – Chris Thompson (2) (tracks: A4, A5), Flood (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B5), Tony Cohen (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B5)
- Engineer [Mixes] – Chris Thompson (2) (tracks: A4), Tony Cohen (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Layout [Sleeve Layout] – Slim Smith (2)
- Photography By [Nick Cave's Photo] – Bleddyn Butcher
- Photography By [The Bad Seed's Photos] – Peter Gruchot
- Producer – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Recordings engineered at Hansa Tonstudios, Berlin; Vielklang, Berlin; Trident, London; The Strongroom, London between August 87 and January 88 except "Mercy" and "Alice" at The Studio, Richmond, Aust.
Mixes engineered at The Strongroom in January 88 and The Power Plant, Carlton, Aust. in March 88. Except "Alice" at The Studio, Richmond, Aust.
This Album is dedicated to Ferdinand Ramos, better known as "PIXOTE". Remembered for his brilliant performance in the film of the same name. Killed by São Paulo police in November 1987, age 19.
℗ 2010 Mute Records Ltd, a BMG Company.
© 2014 Mute Records Ltd, a BMG Company.
"City Of Refuge" (was) inspired by a Blind Willie Johnson song of the name name.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 414939 710513
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Runout Side A): LPSEEDS 5 BE50960-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Runout Side B): LPSEEDS 5B3 BE50960-01 B1
- Barcode (Alternate Barcode on identical release. US pressing/Manufactured by Ingrooves.): 881034112545
Other Versions (5 of 68) View All
|STUMM 52||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 52||UK||1988||Sell This Version|
|VG 50385||Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds*||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Virgin, Mute||VG 50385||Greece||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 52 (SE)||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 52 (SE)||Spain||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 52||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP)||Mute||STUMM 52||Italy||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 46052||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 46052||Benelux||1988||Sell This Version|