Tracklist Hide Credits
Organ, Piano [Interior] – Nick*Violin – Dawn CaveWritten-By – Phil Rosenthal
|A2||I'm Gonna Kill That Woman
Bass – Mick*Written-By – John Lee Hooker
|A4||Long Black Veil
Acoustic Guitar, Snare – Mick*Percussion – Thomas*Slide Guitar, Backing Vocals – Blixa*Written By – Danny Del/Marjohn WilkinsWritten-By – Danny Del*, Marjohn Wilkins*
Bass – Tracy PewOrgan – Nick*Written-By – William Roberts*
|B1||All Tomorrow's Parties|
|B2||By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Guitar [Harmonics] – Blixa*Organ, Guitar – Rowland S. HowardWritten-By – Jim Webb*
|B3||The Hammer Song|
|B4||Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart
Vibraphone [Vibes] – Mick*Written-By – Greenaway/Cooke*
|B5||Jesus Met The Woman At The Well|
|B6||The Carnival Is Over
Lead Vocals – Nick*Vocals – Barry*, Blixa*, Mick*Written-By – Frank Farian, T. Springfield*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Records
- Copyright (c) – Mute Records
- Published By – Cayman Music Inc.
- Published By – Boogie One Music
- Published By – Acuff Rose Music Ltd.
- Published By – Southern Music Co. Ltd.
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Published By – RCA Music Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Dick James Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Engineered At – AAV – Hansa Tonstudios
- Made By – Warner-Pioneer Corporation
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Mick Harvey
- Backing Vocals [Back. Vocal] – Barry* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B4), Mick* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B4)
- Bass – Barry* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A6 to B6)
- Drums – Mick* (tracks: A2, A5), Thomas* (tracks: A1, A3, A6 to B6)
- Engineer [All Backing Tracks] – Tony Cohen
- Guitar – Blixa* (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B3, B6), Hugo Race (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B5)
- Mastered By – Timtom* (tracks: A1 to A6), TY* (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Sven*, Tom Frederickse*
- Mixed By [Engineer] – Flood
- Mixed By [With] – Blixa*, Mick*, Nick*, Thomas*
- Photography By [Blixa & Thomas, Inner Sleeve Photo] – Petra Gall
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Peter Milne (2)
- Photography By [Mick & Barry] – Chris Nash (2)
- Piano – Mick* (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2, B4, B6)
- Producer – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Sleeve – Assorted iMaGes, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Strings [String Arrangements Played By] – Berliner Kaffeehausmusik Ensemble
- Vocals – Nick* (tracks: A1 to A6, B2 to B4)
Released with obi and 2 inserts in english/japanese containing photos and credits.
All backing tracks engineered at AAV Studios, Melbourne, Australia, Nov/Dec 1985.
Mixes engineered at Hansa Tonstudios, Berlin in March 1986.
Time & money wasted at Richmond Recorders, Melbourne.
Bible quote from Acts 26:14.
Track A3 written as "Sleeping Anleah" on the inner sleeve.
Track A3 written as "Weeping Annaleah" on the label
Track A1 published by Cayman Music Inc.
Track A2 published by Boogie One Music.
Track A3 published by Acuff Rose Music Ltd.
Track A4 published by Southern Music Co. Ltd.
Tracks A5, A6, B2 published by Carlin Music Corp.
Track B1 published by RCA Music Ltd.
Track B3 published by Chrysalis Music.
Track B4 published by Dick James Music.
Track B5 Cop. Con.
Track B6 published by Chapell Music Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side One runouts): T4988014425315
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other (Price): ¥2,800
Other Versions (5 of 70) View All
|STUMM 28||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 28||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|61717-2||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (CD, Album, RE)||Elektra||61717-2||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|C 30443||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (Cass, Album)||Liberation Records||C 30443||Australia||1986||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 28||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 28||Scandinavia||1986||Sell This Version|
|HMS065||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album)||Homestead Records||HMS065||US||1986||Sell This Version|