Tracklist Hide Credits
Organ, Piano [Interior] – Nick*Violin – Dawn CaveWritten-By – John Bundrick*
|2||I'm Gonna Kill That Woman
Bass – Mick*Written-By – John Lee Hooker
|4||Long Black Veil
Acoustic Guitar, Snare – Mick*Percussion – Thomas*Slide Guitar, Backing Vocals – Blixa*Written By – Danny Del/Marjohn WilkinsWritten-By – Danny Del*, Marjohn Wilkins*
Bass – Tracy PewOrgan – Nick*Written-By – William Roberts*
|7||All Tomorrow's Parties|
|8||By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Guitar [Harmonics] – Blixa BargeldOrgan, Guitar – Rowland S. HowardWritten-By – Jim Webb*
|9||The Hammer Song|
|10||Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart
Vibraphone [Vibes] – Mick*Written-By – Greenaway/Cooke*
|11||Jesus Met The Woman At The Well|
|12||The Carnival Is Over
Lead Vocals – Nick*Vocals – Barry*, Blixa*, Mick*Written-By – Frank Farian, T. Springfield*
- Record Company – Mute Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Records
- Copyright (c) – Mute Records
- Engineered At – AAV
- Engineered At – Hansa Tonstudios
- Published By – Cayman Music Inc.
- Published By – Boogie One Music
- Published By – Acuff Rose Music Ltd.
- Published By – Southern Music Co. Ltd.
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Published By – RCA Music Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Dick James Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Pressed By – Mayking Records
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Mick Harvey
- Backing Vocals [Back. Vocal] – Barry* (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 10), Mick* (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 10)
- Bass – Barry* (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6 to 12)
- Drums – Mick* (tracks: 2, 5, 9), Thomas* (tracks: 1, 3, 6 to 12)
- Engineer [All Backing Tracks] – Tony Cohen
- Engineer [Mixes - Invaluable Assistance Given By] – Sven*, Tom Frederickse*
- Engineer [Mixes - With] – Blixa*, Mick*, Nick*, Thomas*
- Engineer [Mixes] – Flood
- Guitar – Blixa* (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 9, 12), Hugo Race (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 11)
- Mastered By – Timtom* (tracks: 1 to 6), TY* (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Photography By [Blixa & Thomas, Inner Sleeve Photo] – Petra Gall
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Peter Milne (2)
- Photography By [Mick & Barry] – Chris Nash (2)
- Piano – Mick* (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12)
- Producer – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Sleeve – Assorted iMaGes, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Strings [String Arrangements Played By] – Berliner Kaffeehausmusik Ensemble
- Vocals – Nick* (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10)
Released with a printed inner sleeve containing photos and credits.
℗ and © 1986 Mute Records.
All backing tracks engineered at AAV Studios, Melbourne, Australia, Nov/Dec 1985.
Mixes engineered at Hansa Tonstudios, Berlin in March 1986.
Time & money wasted at Richmond Recorders, Melbourne.
Bible quote from Acts 26:14.
Track 3 written as 'Sleeping Anleah' on the inner sleeve.
Track 1 published by Cayman Music Inc.
Track 2 published by Boogie One Music.
Track 3 published by Acuff Rose Music Ltd.
Track 4 published by Southern Music Co. Ltd.
Tracks 5, 6, 8 published by Carlin Music Corp.
Track 7 published by RCA Music Ltd.
Track 9 published by Chrysalis Music.
Track 10 published by Dick James Music.
Track 11 Cop. Con.
Track 12 published by Chapell Music Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: MAYKING RECORDS CDSTUMM28
- Matrix / Runout: 10264411 01
Other Versions (5 of 66) View All
|STUMM 28||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 28||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|61717-2||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (CD, Album)||Elektra||61717-2||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|MUSH32259.2||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (CD, RE)||Liberation Records||MUSH32259.2||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 28||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 28||Scandinavia||1986||Sell This Version|
|HMS065||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Kicking Against The Pricks (LP, Album, TP)||Homestead Records||HMS065||US||1986||Sell This Version|