Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Mercy Seat
Bass [Bass Loops], Piano, Guitar, Backing Vocals – Harvey*Drums – Wydler*Guitar – Wolf*Music By – Mick HarveyOrgan [Hammond] – Cave*Slide Guitar – Bargeld*Strings – Audrey Riley, Chris Tombling, Gini Ball
|2||Up Jumped The Devil||5:16|
Bass – Harvey*Drums – Wydler*Engineer, Mixed By – Chris Thompson (2)Guitar [Guest Guitarist] – Hugo RacePiano, Harmonica – Cave*
|6||City Of Refuge
Backing Vocals – Friends (27), Bad Seeds, The*Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion – Harvey*Drums – Wydler*Guitar – Bargeld*, Powers*Organ – Wolf*Organ [Hammond], Harmonica – Cave*
|7||Slowly Goes The Night||5:24|
|9||Sugar Sugar Sugar
Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Percussion – Harvey*Drums – Wydler*Guitar – Powers*Music By – Mick HarveyPiano – Wolf*
|11||The Mercy Seat (Video Mix)||5:07|
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y3112
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Mute Corporation
- Engineered At – Hansa Tonstudios
- Engineered At – Vielklang Studio, Berlin
- Engineered At – Trident Studios
- Engineered At – Strongroom
- Engineered At – The Studio, Richmond
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mixed At – Powerplant Studios
- Mixed At – The Studio, Richmond
- Artwork – Slim Smith (2)
- Engineer – Flood, Tony Cohen
- Layout [Sleeve Layout] – Slim Smith (2)
- Mixed By – Tony Cohen
- Music By – Nick Cave (tracks: 1, 3 to 10)
- Photography By [Nick Cave's Photo] – Bleddyn Butcher
- Photography By [The Bad Seeds' Photos] – Peter Gruchot
- Producer – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Vocals – Cave*
- Words By – Nick Cave
Mixes engineered at The Strongroom (London) in January 1988 and at The Power Plant (Carlton, Australia) in March 1988 except track 4 mixed at The Studio (Richmond, Australia).
Catalog number appears as "9 61059-2" on spine, "61059-2" on booklet and back, and (an obvious typo) "6 1059-2" on disc.
℗ 1988, 1992 Mute Records Limited
Made in U.S.A. by WEA Manufacturing Inc.
℗ 1988, 1996 Mute Corporation.
© 1996 Mute Corporation.
Printed in Canada.
Booklet includes lyrics, photos, and illustrations.
Durations not mentionned on the release.
This album is dedicated to Ferdinand Ramos, better known as "PIXOTE". Remembered for his brilliant performance in the film of the same name. Killed by Sao Paulo police in November 1987, age 19.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 724596105924
- Barcode (Text): 7 2459-61059-2 4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): wea mfg. OLYPHANT Y3112 HV 61059-2 RE-1 05 M1S3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 2 61059-2 RE-1 SRC#04.
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U3L
Other Versions (5 of 64) View All
|STUMM 52||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 52||UK||1988||Sell This Version|
|VG 50385||Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds*||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Virgin, Mute||VG 50385||Greece||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 52 (SE)||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 52 (SE)||Spain||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 52||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP)||Mute||STUMM 52||Italy||1988||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 46052||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Tender Prey (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 46052||Benelux||1988||Sell This Version|