Tracklist Hide Credits
|The Marble Index|
|1-2||Lawns Of Dawns||3:10|
|1-3||No One Is There||3:36|
|1-5||Facing The Wind||4:58|
|1-6||Julius Caesar (Memento Hodie)||5:01|
|1-8||Evening Of Light||5:44|
|1-9||Sagen Die Gelehrten||3:52|
|1-11||Roses In The Snow (Alternate Version)||4:00|
|1-12||Nibelungen (Complete Version)||3:15|
|1-13||Lawns Of Dawns||3:15|
|1-14||No One Is There||3:40|
|1-16||Facing The Wind||5:05|
|1-19||Evening Of Light||5:41|
|2-1||Janitor Of Lunacy||4:04|
|2-3||My Only Child||3:30|
|2-4||Le Petit Chevalier
Vocals [Uncredited] – Ari Boulogne
|2-8||All That Is My Own||3:36|
|2-9||My Only Child||4:15|
|2-10||Janitor Of Lunacy||3:58|
|2-11||Abschied Ode (Death/Farewell)||3:01|
|2-12||You Are Beautiful (Afraid)||3:17|
|2-14.1||On The Desert Shore (All That Is My Own)||2:44|
|2-15||Frozen Warnings (Hidden Track)||4:24|
- Arranged By – John Cale
- Art Direction [Original Album - The Marble Index] – William S. Harvey
- Art Direction [Reissue], Design [Reissue] – Matt Dornan
- Co-producer – Joe Boyd (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8)
- Compilation Producer – Andy Zax
- Design [Original Album - The Marble Index] – Robert L. Heimall
- Design [Original Package - Desertshore] – Nigel Weymouth*
- Engineer – John Haeny (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8), John Wood (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8)
- Harmony Vocals – Adam Miller (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8), John Cale (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8)
- Instruments [All Instruments Except Harmonium And Trumpet] – John Cale (tracks: 2-1 to 2-14)
- Liner Notes – Mick Houghton, Simon Goddard
- Management [Project Assistance] – Bill Inglot, Brian Kehew, Lisa Jane Persky, Rick Conrad
- Photography By [Additional] – Ben Graville, Leopoldo Pomés
- Photography By [Original Album Photography - Desertshore] – Philippe Garrel
- Photography By [Original Album Photography - The Marble Index] – Guy Webster
- Producer – Frazier Mohawk (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8), John Cale (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8)
- Remastered By – Dave Schultz
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor] – Jac Holzman (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8)
- Supervised By [Project Supervision For Rhino Uk] – Mick Houghton, Stuart Batsford
- Viola [Electric], Piano, Bass, Electric Guitar, Glockenspiel, Bells, Harmonica [Mouth Organ], Bagpipes [Bosun's Pipe] – John Cale (tracks: 1-1 to 1-19)
- Written-By, Vocals, Harmonium – Nico (3)
Manufactured & Marketed by Rhino UK, a Warner Music Group Company. Made in the EU.
Packaged in a six-panel gatefold Digisleeve. Includes a 16-page booklet in English.
All outtakes, alternate versions & demos are previously unreleased.
Disc One, tracks 1 to 8 originally released as The Marble Index, Elektra (US) EKS-74029, 1968.
Disc One, tracks 9 to 12 are outtakes from the album sessions. (Track 11 was first issued in 1991 in a different mix, along with an a cappella version of track 12).
Disc One, tracks 13 to 19 are alternate versions from the album sessions.
Disc Two, tracks 1 to 8 originally issued as Desertshore, Reprise (US) 6424, 1970.
Disc Two, tracks 9 to 14 are demos, recorded August 20, 1969 and are previously unreleased.
Abschied and Mütterlein are from the film La Cicatrice Intérieure, directed by Philippe Garrel.
Disc Two, track 15 Frozen Warnings (with John Cale on drone viola) is an unlisted hidden track.
Remastering at Digiprep, Los Angeles, CA.
Memorabilia kindly loaned by Jay Reeg and Ben & Kaomi Phillipson.
Special Thanks: David Anderle, Kenneth Ansell, Montse Balart at Studio Pomés, Julie Brunning, John Cale, Andy Child, Rick Conrad, Julian cope, Danny Fields, Simon Goddard, Ben Graville, Will Hodgkinson, Jac Holzman, Ignacio Julia, Maria McKenna, Frazier Mohawk, Ben & Kaomi Phillipson, Jay Reeg, Jon Savage, The Seth Man, Paul Smith, Nick Stewart, Mason Williams, Richard Williams, Matt Wrbican & Greg Burchard at The Warhol Museum.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 81227 48852 9
- Barcode (Scanned): 081227488529
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1): CD 812274885-2/1 V01
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2): CD 812274885-2/2 V01
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1 + CD 2): IFPI L016
- Mould SID Code (CD 1): IFPI 057T
- Mould SID Code (CD 2): IFPI 05T2
- Label Code: LC7923