“The New English Bible (New Testament) was planned and directed by representatives of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and Ireland; the Church of England; the Church of Scotland; the Congregational Union of England and Wales; the Council of Churches for Wales; the London Yearly Meeting of the Society of Friends; the Methodist Church of Great Britain; the Presbyterian Church of England; the United Council of Christian Churches and Religious Communions in Ireland; and the British and Foreign Bible Society; the National Bible Society of Scotland.
“Copyright 1961 by the Delegates of the Oxford University Press and the Syndics of the Cambridge University Press.
“The Gospel According to Luke Spoken by Judi Dench, Sybil Thorndike, Nicholas Hannen, Robert Harris, Keith Mitchell, Paul Rogers, Lockwood West.
“Produced by Frederick Bradshaw under the theological direction of the Rev. F. N. Davey, Director of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, with the full advice of the Rev. Dr. C. H. Dodd, Director of the New English Bible project.
“Recorded by Leomark Limited in London under license from the University Presses of Oxford and Cambridge.
“Released in the United States by Word Records Incorporated by special arrangement with University Presses of Oxford and Cambridge.
“This is the spoken Gospel: Here is the full text from the New English Bible. Each record is in bands—see the key below. Use these bands to hear any part of the Gospel you wish. The key numbers are the Marginal Numbers used in the printed text of the New English Bible for reference and comparison.”
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): NEB-8 Side-1 33-PB-2941-F-3 1 ☆
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): NEB-8 Side-2 33-PB2942-F-3 1 ☆
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): NEB 9 PB-2943-F3 Side 3
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): NEB-9 PB-2944-F3 Side 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side E): NEB-10 33-PB-2945-H3 1 Side 5
- Matrix / Runout (Side F): NEB-10 33-PB-2946-H3 1 Side 6
- Matrix / Runout (Side G): NEB 11 33-PB-2947-H3 Side 7
- Matrix / Runout (Side H): NEB 11 33-PB-2948-H3 Side 8