- Artwork By [Design & Illustration] – Luke Lauch
- Bass – Charles Peterson (2)
- Composed By, Arranged By – Logan Rollins
- Congas [Congo Drums] – Ricky Lewis (4)
- Drums – Dave Bennett (4)
- Engineer [Audio Restoration] – Colin Young (5)
- Guitar – Richard Stokes (2)
- Guitar [Lead] – George Williams (5)
- Mastered By – Colin*
- Narrator – Peter H. Gunn
- Organ – John Grady (2)
- Other [Advisor] – Robert Vandagriff
- Performer [Charicas] – Julius T. Johnson
- Piano – Richard Wise (2)
- Reissue Producer – Gerald Short
- Saxophone [Alto] – Logan Rollins
- Saxophone [Tenor] – Jesse Barrett, Sonny Ward
- Trumpet – Reynard Birtha
Jazzman Records reissues this extremely rare private-press record from 1971, recorded by the Ohio Penitentiary 511 Jazz Ensemble, made up entirely of prisoners in the Ohio State Penitentiary.
Featuring band leaders Reynard Birtha and Logan Rollins, nephew of jazz legend Sonny Rollins.
This is the band's only recording, and the group disbanded after the release of Logan and Rollins.
Subtitled "Moods & Ideations In Contemporary Jazz".
℗ & © 2012 Jazzman Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5036468000523
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Stamped Runout): 102489E1/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Stamped Runout): 102489E2/A
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All
|none||Ohio Penitentiary 511 Jazz Ensemble||Hard Luck Soul (LP, Album)||Aragorn||none||US||1971||Sell This Version|
|none||Ohio Penitentiary 511 Jazz Ensemble||Hard Luck Soul (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||The Loathed Sound Department||none||US||2017||Sell This Version|
|JMANCD 052||Ohio Penitentiary 511 Jazz Ensemble||Hard Luck Soul (CD, Album, RE)||Jazzman||JMANCD 052||Europe||2013||Sell This Version|