|B1||Focus On Sanity||6:50|
- Alto Saxophone – Ornette Coleman
- Cornet – Donald Cherry*
- Design [Cover] – Marvin Israel
- Double Bass – Charlie Haden
- Drums – Billy Higgins
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Bones Howe
- Lacquer Cut By – BG*
- Liner Notes – Martin Williams (6)
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – William Claxton
- Supervised By – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Written-By – Ornette Coleman
This reissue uses original artwork (on cover and centre label) and no reissue information is mentioned on the cover or vinyl.
Only a sticker on the shrink wrap shows that this is a reissue on Rhino Vinyl. The bar code appears on this sticker. The sticker also states that this is "180-Gram Vinyl" however that is NOT the case. The vinyl actually weighs 140 Gram.
Label states "Made in the E.U."
In 2010 Rhino released two pressings of this release.
One for EU market and one [Ornette Coleman - The Shape Of Jazz To Come] for US market. This is EU version.
It would appear from run out grooves that lacquers were plated at RTI in US & then this EU version pressed at Optimal.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): R1-1317-A 19361.1(3) BG BA 160099-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): R1-1317-B 19361.1(3) BG BA 160099-01 B1
- Barcode (On front sticker only): 081227980443
- Matrix / Runout: ST-A-59176
Other Versions (5 of 62) View All
|SD 1317||Ornette Coleman||The Shape Of Jazz To Come (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1317||US||1959||Sell This Version|
|ATL-5038, 5038||Ornette Coleman||The Shape Of Jazz To Come (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL-5038, 5038||Japan||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|1317||Ornette Coleman||The Shape Of Jazz To Come (LP, Album, RE, Mono)||Atlantic||1317||US||1963||Sell This Version|
|R1 1317, SD 1317||Ornette Coleman||The Shape Of Jazz To Come (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Rhino Vinyl, Atlantic||R1 1317, SD 1317||US||2015||Sell This Version|
|CATLP106||Ornette Coleman||The Shape Of Jazz To Come (LP, Album, RE)||Not Now Music||CATLP106||Europe||2014||Sell This Version|