Tracklist Hide Credits
|Hansel And Gretel And Ted And Alice (S. 2n-1): An Opera In One Unnatural Act||24:35|
|A1||Hansel And Gretel And Ted And Alice (An Opera In One Unnatural Act)
Countertenor Vocals [Bargain Counter-tenor], Harpsichord, Percussion [Razzer], Performer [Gretel Riding Hood, Village Idiot, Teddy Nice] – John FerranteCrew [Stage Hand] – William WaltersPiano, Whistle [Police] – David Oei (2)Vocals [Berberitone], Organ [Calliope], Siren, Performer [Quaint Old Innkeeper, Hansel Hunter, Monk, Doctor] – Prof. Schickele*
|A1b||Aria: "I Am A Quaint Old Innkeeeper" (Quaint Old Innkeeper)|
|A1c||Aria: "Like A Lonely Pilgrim (Gretel)|
|A1d||Aria: "My Name Is Hansel Hunter" (Hansel Hunter)|
|A1e||Aria: "I'm The Village Idiot" (Village Idiot)|
|A1f||Aria: "Et Expecto" (Monk)|
|A1g||Aria: "There's Something About A Monk" (Gretel)|
|A1h||Duet: "Do You Love Me?" (Gretel & Monk)|
|A1i||Interlude: Medical Examination (Gretel, Monk & Doctor)|
|A1j||Aria: "I Hope You'll Take This Friendly Advice" (Doctor)|
|A1k||Aria: "Teddy Nice Is My Name" (Ted)|
|A1l||Duet: "Jump Not To Conclusions" (Alice & Gretel)|
|A1m||Finale: "Just Tell Me What Your Name Is" (Ted, Alice, Gretel, Hansel, Quaint Old Innkeeper, Village Idiot)|
|B1||The O.K. Chorale From The Toot Suite For Calliope Four Hands (S. 212º)
Organ [Callioper] – David Oei (2), Prof. Schickele*
|"Erotica" Variations (S. 36EE) For Banned Instruments And Piano||5:50|
|B3||"Erotica" Variations (S. 36EE) For Banned Instruments And Piano
Instruments [Banned] – Prof. Schickele*Piano – David Oei (2)
|B3b||Variation I: Balloons|
|B3c||Variation II: Slide Whistle|
|B3d||Variation III: Slide Windbreaker|
|B3e||Variation IV: Lasso D'Amore|
|B3f||Variation V: Foghorn, Bell, Kazoo, Gargle|
|The Art Of The Ground Round (S. 1.19/lb) For Three Baritones And Discontinuo||10:16|
|B5||The Art Of The Ground Round For Three Baritones And Discontinuo
Bassoon [Bassooner] – Arthur WeisbergCello [Celloist] – Peter RosenfeldVocals [Singist] – John Ferrante, John Nelson (5), Prof. Schickele*
|B5a||1. Loving Is As Easy|
|B5b||2. Please, Kind Sir|
|B5c||3. Jane, My Jane|
|B5d||4. Golly Golly Oh|
|B5e||5. Nelly Is A Nice Girl|
- Copyright (c) – Vanguard Recording Society, Inc.
- Recorded At – Vanguard's 23rd St. Theater and Funny Pen Warehouse
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Vanguard Recording Society, Inc.
- Published By – Theodore Presser Co.
- Art Direction, Design – Jules Halfant
- Countertenor Vocals [Bargain Counter-tenor] – John Ferrante
- Edited By – Joe Spivak
- Engineer – Jeff Zaraya
- Featuring – Professor Peter Schickele*
- Featuring [And] – The Semi-Pro Musica Antiqua
- Keyboards – David Oei (2)
- Mixed By – David Baker
- Photography By [Front Photo] – Joel Brodsky
- Photography By [Other Photos] – Kim Massie
- Producer – Stephen Schmidt
- Stage Manager, Crew [Keeper Of The Calliope] – William Walters
- Vocals [Singist] – John Nelson (5)
Title on back cover is: The Intimate P.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742)?
Cat# on covers and spine: VSD • 79335
Cat# on labels: VSD-79335
Recorded before a live audience at Vanguard's 23rd St. Theater and Funny Pen Warehouse.
Due to a colossal misunderstanding, much of P.D.Q. Bach's music is being made available to the public in printed form by Theodore Presser Co.
© Copyright 1973 Vanguard Recording Society, Inc. Printed in U.S.A.
A Dolby System Recording.
℗ 1973 Vanguard Recording Society, Inc., N.Y. Recorded in Europe.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side One label): VSD-79335-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two label): VSD-79335-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side One runouts): VSD79335A-1A C V:
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two runouts): VSD79335B-2A 1 V C V
- Rights Society: ASCAP