Patrick Wedd / Beckwith* ⦁ Gagnon* ⦁ Kenins* ⦁ Lorrain* – Sequence: Upper Canadian Hymn Preludes ⦁ Pastourelle ⦁ Sinfonia Notturna ⦁ Séquence
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||–John Beckwith||Upper Canadian Hymn Preludes
Composed By – John BeckwithSound Designer [Interludes - Musique Concrete] – Dennis Patrick (3)
|–Talivaldis Kenins*||Sinfonia Notturna||(19:22)|
- Coordinator [Centrediscs] – Susan M. Hicks
- Design [Album Jacket] – Parson Associates
- Engineer – James Reid (14)
- Executive Producer [Executive Director, Canadian Music Centre] – John A. Miller
- Liner Notes – Ian Alexander (3)
- Photography [John Beckwith] – Robert Ragsdale (tracks: Robert C. Ragsdale)
- Photography [Ryerson Organ] – Campbell Studios
- Photography [Tālivaldis Ķeniņš] – Dennis Patrick (3)
- Producer – George Laverock
- Promotion [CMC Distribution Service] – Roy Higgins
- Translated By [Liner Notes] – Raynald Desmules
Recorded at Ryerson United Church, Vancouver, Canada. Organ described in detail on rear jacket of gatefold.
Mastered/Gravure - McClear Place Studios Limited
"Shorewood Packaging" logo on spine
A1, "Upper Canadian Hymn Preludes," by John Beckwith includes musique concrete interludes realized by Dennis Patrick designed to evoke the sounds of 19th-century Ontario. See image of excerpt from composer's memoir referring to this work and this recording.*
Rear jacket track data lists separate timings for the three movements of "Sinfonia Notturna," as well as an overall timing as cited by the OS. LP has not been examined, but there probably are four B-side tracks rather than only two. Sub-tracks cited as a compromise.
* Memoir refers to Patrick Wedd recording by CBC. While this may be a typo for CMC, it is probable that the original recording was made by the CBC and licensed for this release by the CMC. It is usual for the CMC to source their releases from pre-existing and usually-unreleased recordings. The "assistance . . . of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation" is credited on the lower right back jacket.