|1||Danca Das Cabecas (Head Dance)||7:10|
|2||Bodas De Prata (Silver Wedding)||8:08|
|3||Altura Do Sol (The Alititude Of The Sun)||3:23|
|6||Quarup (Worship Ceremony)||4:49|
|7||Parque Laje (A Park In Rio)||3:33|
|14||African Funeral Song||4:57|
- Bass – Ron Carter (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Composed By, Arranged By – Egberto Gismonti (tracks: 1 to 8), Nexus (18) (tracks: 9 to 17), Paul Horn (tracks: 9 to 17)
- Design – Rico Lins
- Edited By [Editing Egineer] – Russ Payne (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Electric Piano – Don Salvador* (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – David Greene (tracks: 9 to 17), Stan Tonkel (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Flute, Piccolo Flute, Flute [Alto, Bass],clarinet, Alto Saxophone – Paul Horn
- Liner Notes – Lee Underwood
- Mixed By – David Green (tracks: 9 to 17), Paul Horn (tracks: 9 to 17)
- Percussion – William Cahn* (tracks: 9 to 17), Robert Becker* (tracks: 9 to 17), Dom Um Romao (tracks: 1 to 8), John Wyre (tracks: 9 to 17), Michael Craden* (tracks: 9 to 17), Roberto Silva* (tracks: 1 to 8), Robin Engelman (tracks: 9 to 17), Russell Hartenberger* (tracks: 9 to 17)
- Photography By – Bill Piton, Pat LaCroix
- Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Flute [Bambuzal] – Egberto Gismonti (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Producer – Paul Horn (tracks: 9 to 17), Teo Macero (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Dan Hersch
From the liner notes: For "The Altitude of the Sun", recorded in 1976, Horn introduced to American listeners the compositions, arrangements and performances of Egberto Gismonti, a brilliant guitarist/pianist from Rio de Janeiro who later went on to record several solo albums of his own for the ECM label.
For "Paul Horn & Nexus", recorded in 1975, flutist Paul Horn joied forces with Nexus, a touring group of percussionists and musical instrument collectors who hailed from Toronto, Canada.
Tracks 1-8 recorded at Columbia Recording Studios, N.Y.
Published by Editions Gismonti/Black Sun Music (SUISA/SESAC)
Tracks 9-17 recorded at Mantra Studios, Toronto, Canada
All flutes by Artley
Published by Samadhi Music (PROCAN)
℗ 1975 & 1976 CBS Records Inc.
Released under license from Inside Music, Inc.
© 1989 Black Sun Music
Digitally remastered at Digiprep, Hollywood
Printed in W. Germany
Made in W. Germany
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 13711 50022 6
- Matrix / Runout: SONOPRESS C-5590/15002-2 B
- Label Code: LC 8211