Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – David RhodesBass – Tony LevinDrums – Jerry MarottaGuitar – Daniel Lanois, David RhodesHihat [Hi-hat] – Stewart CopelandPiano, Synthesizer [Prophet] – Peter Gabriel
Backing Vocals – Coral Gordon, Dee Lewis, PP Arnold*Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu Katche*Guitar – Daniel Lanois, David RhodesPiano, Synthesizer [Prophet] – Peter GabrielSaxophone – Mark RiveraTambourine – Daniel LanoisTrombone – Don MikkelsenTrumpet – Wayne Jackson
|3||Don't Give Up
Bass – Tony LevinGuitar – David RhodesPercussion, Drums – Manu Katche*Piano – Peter Gabriel, Richard TeeSynthesizer [Cs 80] – Simon ClarkSynthesizer [Prophet], Electronic Drums [Linn] – Peter GabrielVocals [Guest] – Kate Bush
|4||That Voice Again
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu Katche*Guitar – Daniel Lanois, David RhodesGuitar [Twelve-String] – Daniel LanoisLyrics By – David Rhodes, Peter GabrielMusic By – Peter GabrielPercussion – Manu Katche*, Peter GabrielPiano, Synthesizer [Prophet] – Peter GabrielViolin – L Shankar*
Bass – Larry KleinPiano – Peter Gabriel, Richard TeeSaxophone [Processed] – Mark RiveraSurdo [Surdu], Congas, Triangle – Djalma CorreaSynthesizer [Prophet, Cs 80] – Peter Gabriel
Backing Vocals – Coral Gordon, Dee Lewis, PP Arnold*Bass [Drumstick] – Jerry Marotta, Tony LevinBass, Computer [Cmi], Organ [Hammond] – Simon ClarkCornet, Trumpet – Wayne JacksonDrums – Stewart CopelandElectronic Drums [Linn Kick] – Jimmy BralowerGuitar – David RhodesGuitar [Surf] – Daniel LanoisSaxophone – Mark RiveraSynthesizer [Prophet], Electronic Drums [Linn], Synthesizer – Peter GabrielTrombone – Don Mikkelsen
|7||We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)
Drums – Jerry MarottaGuitar – David RhodesPiano, Synthesizer [Prophet] – Peter GabrielViolin – L Shankar*
|8||This Is The Picture (Excellent Birds)
Bass – Bill LaswellElectronic Drums [Linn Drum], Backing Vocals, Synthesizer [Synclavier] – Peter GabrielGuitar – Nile RodgersGuitar [Twelve-String] – Daniel LanoisTalking Drum – Manu Katche*Vocals [Guest] – Laurie AndersonWritten-By – Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel
|9||In Your Eyes
Backing Vocals – David Rhodes, Jim Kerr, Michael Been, Peter GabrielBass – Larry Klein, Tony LevinBass Vocals – Ronnie BrightDrums [Additional] – Jerry MarottaGuitar – David RhodesPercussion, Drums, Talking Drum – Manu Katche*Piano – Peter Gabriel, Richard TeeSynthesizer – Peter GabrielVocals [Guest] – Youssou N'Dour
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Recorded At – Ashcombe House
- Recorded At – Real World Studios
- Recorded At – PolyGram Studios, Rio De Janeiro
- Mixed At – Real World Studios
- Overdubbed At – Power Station
- Mastered At – The Town House
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – Sony DADC – DIDX-471386
- Arranged By [Additional Arrangement Ideas] – David Rhodes
- Arranged By [Horns] – Daniel Lanois, Peter Gabriel, Wayne Jackson
- Coordinator [Repackaging, Design Co-ordination] – Susie Millns
- Design [Repackaging: Graphic Design] – Marc Bessant
- Engineer – Daniel Lanois, Kevin Killen
- Engineer [Additional, Assistant] – Jam Crisp
- Engineer [Additional] – David Bottrill, David Stallbaumer
- Engineer [Assistant, At Polygram] – Steve Boyer
- Engineer [Assistant, At Real World Studios] – Dan Roe, Edel Griffith
- Engineer [At Polygram] – Ary Carvalhaes, Bruce Lampcov, Jairo Gualberto
- Engineer [At Real World Studios] – Richard Chappell
- Lead Vocals, Computer [Cmi] – Peter Gabriel
- Management [Assistant To Peter Gabriel] – Amanda Harcourt
- Management [Gail Colson Assisted By] – Norma Bishop
- Management [Gailforce] – Gail Colson
- Mastered By [Originally Mastered By] – Ian Cooper
- Other [Polygram Studio Organisation] – Luigi Hoffer
- Photography By [Original] – Trevor Key
- Photography By [Repackaging] – Armando Gallo, Connie Moest, Margaret Maxwell, Neal Preston
- Producer – Daniel Lanois, Peter Gabriel
- Recorded By [Original Track Recording] – David Bascombe
- Remastered By – Tony Cousins
- Research [Repackaging: Intro & Research] – Mic Smith
- Sleeve [Original Sleeve] – Brett Wickens, Peter Saville (2)
- Sleeve [Repackaging: Sleeve Restoration] – Dan Blore
- Songwriter – Peter Gabriel (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 9)
- Supervised By [Polygram Session Supervision] – Graciela Silberberg, Renato Costa
- Supervised By [Power Station Session Supervision] – Charlene Colon
All songs published by Real World Music Ltd except 'This Is The Picture (Excellent Birds)' published by BMG Music Publishing Ltd/Real World Music Ltd.
All tracks recorded and mixed at Real World Studios, England except for 'Mercy Street' percussion recorded in Polygram Studios, Rio de Janeiro. New York overdubs recorded at The Power Station . Originally mastered at The Town House, London. Remastered at Metropolis, London.
Laurie Anderson appears courtesy of Warner Bros Records Inc. PP Arnold appears courtesy of 10 Records. Michael Been appears courtesy of Elektra/Asylum Records Inc. Kate Bush appears courtesy of EMI Records Ltd. Stewart Copeland appears courtesy of A&M Records Ltd. Jim Kerr appears courtesy of Virgin Records Ltd. Larry Klein appears courtesy of Geffen Records Inc. Bill Laswell appears courtesy of Celluloid/OAO. Youssou N'Dour appears courtesy of Albert Koski Productions. Nile Rodgers appears courtesy of Warner Bros Records Inc. L Shankar appears courtesy of ECM Records. Richard Tee appears courtesy of King Records Ltd.
Repackaging: A Real World Design.
For additional work on tracks not included, thanks to Larry Fast, Jimmy Bralower, Paul Higgins and The House Of Music. Thanks for feedback and encouragement to David Rhodes, Gary Gersh, Gail Colson, Simon Draper, Ed Rosenblatt and most of all to Jill.
Special thanks to Tony Smith, Stewart Copeland, Kate Bush, Chris Hughes, Larry Klein, Youssou N'Dour, Mike Large, Neil Perry, Peter Smith, Jeannette Peters, Hilary Prosser, Bob Lanois, Stuart Nevison and Mark Crabtree for AMS equipment, Andy Hilton and Sid Zimet.
Special Thanks to: Bastiaan Kiujt, Leendert van Zanten and David Walstra at Sony Music, Crispin Murray at Metropolis, Armando Gallo, Margaret Maxwell, Jon Webster, Mike Large, Annie Parsons, Michael Thomas, Julie Merrifield, Claire Yates, Mic Smith and Mary Lane.
℗ 2002 Peter Gabriel Ltd © 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
The copyright in this recording is owned by Peter Gabriel Ltd
Disc made in Mexico.
Issued as a Digipak with a white disc and a 12-page booklet and an Ad-Sheet.
Slightly different running order to earlier CD editions, the track 'In Your Eyes' moving from track 5 to the last track. Booklet credits incorrectly reflect the old running order, the credits have been corrected here.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 180030000680
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): DIDX-471386 1 B04
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L327
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5086
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AKNOE
Other Versions (5 of 202) View All
|PG 5||Peter Gabriel||So (LP, Album)||Charisma, Virgin||PG 5||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|PGCDX 2, 7243 8 11750 2 6||Peter Gabriel||So (CD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial, Min)||Real World Records (4), Virgin (2)||PGCDX 2, 7243 8 11750 2 6||Russia||2002||Sell This Version|
|0946347588 2 6||Peter Gabriel||So (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Gala Records (5)||0946347588 2 6||Russia||2002||Sell This Version|
|M5 24088||Peter Gabriel||So (Cass, Album, Gol)||Geffen Cassettes, Geffen Records||M5 24088||Canada||1986||Sell This Version|
|PGMC 75||Peter Gabriel||So (Cass, Album)||Charisma Records Ltd., Virgin||PGMC 75||Italy||1986||Sell This Version|