Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals [Backing Vox] – David RhodesDrum Programming [Linn Programming] – Chris HughesDrums – Jerry MarottaPercussion [Hi-hat] – Stewart Copeland
Backing Vocals [Backing Vox] – Coral Gordon, Dee Lewis, P P Arnold*Saxophone – Mark RiveraTambourine – Daniel LanoisTrombone – Don MikkelsenTrumpet – Wayne Jackson
|A3||Don't Give Up
Drum Programming [Linn] – Peter GabrielSynthesizer [Chorus Cs80] – Simon ClarkVocals [Guest Vox] – Kate Bush
|A4||That Voice Again
Lyrics By – David Rhodes, Peter GabrielPercussion – Peter GabrielViolin – L Shankar*
|B1||In Your Eyes
Backing Vocals [Backing Vox] – David Rhodes, Jim Kerr, Michael Been, Peter GabrielBass – Larry KleinBass Vocals [Bass Vox] – Ronnie BrightDrums [Additional] – Jerry MarottaDrums [Talking Drum] – Manu KatchéSynthesizer [Synth] – Peter GabrielVocals [Guest Vox] – Youssou N'dour
|B2||Mercy Street (For Anne Sexton)
Bass – Larry KleinSaxophone [Processed Sax] – Mark RiveraSurdo [Surdu], Congas, Triangle – Djalma CorreaSynthesizer [Cs80] – Peter Gabriel
|B3||Big Time (Suc Cess)
Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Mark RiveraDrum Programming [Linn Kick] – Jimmy BralowerDrum Programming [Linn], Synthesizer [Synth] – Peter GabrielDrums – Stewart CopelandElectric Upright Bass [Drumstick Bass] – Jerry Marotta, Tony LevinGuitar [Surf Guitar] – Daniel LanoisOrgan [Hammond], Synthesizer [Cmi], Bass – Simon ClarkTrombone – Don MikkelsenTrumpet, Cornet – Wayne JacksonVoice [Voices] – Coral Gordon, Dee Lewis, P P Arnold*
|B4||We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)
Drums – Jerry MarottaViolin – L Shankar*
- Arranged By [Additional Arrangement Ideas] – David Rhodes
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangements] – Daniel Lanois, Peter Gabriel, Wayne Jackson
- Bass – Tony Levin (tracks: A1 to B1)
- Design – Brett Wickens, Peter Saville (2)
- Drums – Manu Katché (tracks: A2 to B1)
- Engineer – Daniel Lanois, Kevin Killen
- Engineer [Additional Assisted By] – Jam Crisp
- Engineer [Additional] – David Bottrill, David Stallbaumer
- Engineer [New York Overdubs Assisted By] – Steve Boyer
- Engineer [New York Overdubs] – Bruce Lampcov
- Engineer [Polygram Studios] – Ary Carvalhaes, Jairo Gualberto
- Guitar – Daniel Lanois (tracks: A1, A2, A4), David Rhodes (tracks: A1, A2, B3, B4)
- Guitar [Guitars] – David Rhodes (tracks: A3 to B1)
- Management – Gail Colson
- Management [Assistant To Peter Gabriel] – Amanda Harcourt
- Management [Assisted By] – Norma Bishop
- Management [Studio] – David Stallbaumer
- Mastered By [Originally] – Ian Cooper
- Percussion – Manu Katché (tracks: A3 to B1)
- Photography By – Trevor Key
- Piano – Peter Gabriel (tracks: A1 to B2, B4), Richard Tee (tracks: A3, B1, B2)
- Producer – Daniel Lanois, Peter Gabriel
- Recorded By [Original Track Recording] – David Bascombe
- Recording Supervisor [New York Overdubs Session Supervision] – Charlene Colon
- Recording Supervisor [Polygram Studios Session Supervision] – Graciela Silberberg, Renato Costa
- Synthesizer [Cmi] – Peter Gabriel
- Synthesizer [Prophet] – Peter Gabriel (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B4)
- Technician [Polygram Studios Studio Organisation] – Luigi Hoffer
- Written-By – Peter Gabriel
Labels have the words "Side 1" and "Side 2" printed, unlike this release that does not.
WEA Music of Canada Ltd., a Warner Communications Company. Printed in Canada.
© 1986 The David Geffen Company.
℗ 1986 The David Geffen Company.
Originally mastered at the Town House, London.
All tracks recorded and mixed at Real World Studios, England except for Mercy Street;
Percussion recorded in Polygram Studios, Rio de Janeiro.
New York overdubs recorded at the Power Station.
For additional work on tracks not included, thanks to Larry Fast, Jimmy Bralower, Paul Higgins, and the House of Music.
P P Arnold courtesy 10 Records Ltd.
Michael Been courtesy Elektra/Asylum Records Inc.
Kate Bush courtesy EMI America Records, a division of Capitol Records INc.
Stewart Copeland courtesy A&M Records Inc.
Jim Kerr courtesy Virgin Records Ltd.
Youssou N'dour courtesy Albert Koski Productions.
L. Shankar courtesy ECM Records.
Richard Tee courtesy King Records Co Ltd.
Management at Gailforce.
Lyrics ©1986 Published by Cliofine Ltd./Hidden Pun Music BMI.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-24088-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runouts): XGHS-24088-A-1A-2HZ: DM-3
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runouts): XGHS-24088-B-1A-2HZ: DM-2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant #1 to Side 1 runouts): XGHS-24088-A-1A-2HZ: DM-5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant #1 to Side 2 runouts): XGHS-24088-A-1A-2HZ: DM-7
Other Versions (5 of 196) View All
|PG 5||Peter Gabriel||So (LP, Album)||Charisma, Virgin||PG 5||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|PGCDX 2, 7243 8 11750 2 6||Peter Gabriel||So (CD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial, Min)||Real World Records (4), Virgin (2)||PGCDX 2, 7243 8 11750 2 6||Russia||2002||Sell This Version|
|0946347588 2 6||Peter Gabriel||So (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Gala Records (5)||0946347588 2 6||Russia||2002||Sell This Version|
|M5 24088||Peter Gabriel||So (Cass, Album, Gol)||Geffen Cassettes, Geffen Records||M5 24088||Canada||1986||Sell This Version|
|PGMC 75||Peter Gabriel||So (Cass, Album)||Charisma Records Ltd., Virgin||PGMC 75||Italy||1986||Sell This Version|