Armando Borgioli •
Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Rome*,
Oliviero De Fabritiis
- Baritone Vocals ["Sacristan"] – Giulio Tomei (tracks: A, B1, B2)
- Baritone Vocals ["Scarpia, Chief Of Police"] – Armando Borgioli (tracks: B1, B2, C)
- Bass Vocals ["Angelotti, A Political Plotter"] – Ernesto Dominici (tracks: A)
- Bass Vocals ["Sciarrone, A Gendarme"] – Gino Conti (tracks: B1 to D)
- Chorus – Chorus Of The Royal Opera House, Rome* (tracks: B1, B2, D)
- Chorus Master – Giuseppe Conge*
- Conductor – Oliviero de Fabritiis (tracks: A to C)
- Libretto By – G. Giacosa*, L. Illica*
- Music By – Giacomo Puccini
- Orchestra – Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Rome* (tracks: A to D)
- Soprano Vocals ["Shepherd Boy"] – Anna Marcangeli* (tracks: D)
- Soprano Vocals ["Tosca, A Celebrated Singer"] – Maria Caniglia (tracks: A to D)
- Tenor Vocals ["Cavaradossi, A Painter"] – Beniamino Gigli (tracks: A to D)
- Tenor Vocals ["Spoletta, A Police Agent"] – Nino Mazziotti (tracks: B1 to D)
- Text By [Based On The Play "La Tosca" By] – Victorien Sardou
- Translated By [English Version By] – W. Beatty-Kingston*
Record 2 contains sides B anc C
Includes a 60-page booklet with The Story Of The Opera* and Italian-English Libretto**
*Reprinted from The Victor Book Of Operas by permission of SIMON AND SCHUSTER PUBLISHERS. Copyright, 1949 by Simon and Schuster, Inc. **Both the Italian Text and the English Translations are taken, by permission, from the Libretto published by G. RICORDI & CO.
Radio Corporation Of America • RCA Victor Division • Camden, N. J., U. S. A.
Cover: Form 3S715-A, Printed in U. S. A.
Labels: Recorded In Europe, In Italian, Non-Breakable, Made In U. S. A.
Booklet: Form 36-837, WCT-82, LCT-6004, Printed in U. S. A.
The Collector's Issue Label designates a recording of great historical and musical interest which, although technically not representative of RCA Victor's present day high quality standards, has been re-issued in response to widespread public demand.
The RCA Monogram, The Dog and Phonograph, "His Master's Voice", "RCA Victor" and "Red Seal" are registered trademarks of Radio Corporation of America.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): E1RP-0317
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): E1RP-0318
- Matrix / Runout (Label C): E1RP-0319
- Matrix / Runout (Label D): E1RP-0320
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A): E1RP-0317-3S 1 A2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B): E1RP-0318-5S 1 B1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout C): E1RP-0318-7S 1 C1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout D): E1 RP 0320 3S 1 B2