Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Strings] – Brian Gascoigne, Candida DoyleBacking Vocals – The Swingle SistersLap Steel Guitar – Richard HawleyPercussion – Alasdair MalloyProgrammed By [Programming] – Steve Hilton*
|2||Weeds II (The Origin Of The Species)
Backing Vocals – The Swingle SistersKeyboards – Jeremy ShawPercussion – Louis Jardin*Programmed By [Programming] – Howie B.
|3||The Night That Minnie Timperley Died
Percussion – Danny Cummings
Keyboards [Additional], Effects [Tree Effects] – Scott Walker
Arranged By [Strings] – Brian Gascoigne, Candida Doyle, Scott WalkerBacking Vocals – The Swingle SistersGlass Harmonica – Alasdair MalloyProgrammed By [Programming] – Stephen Hilton
|6||I Love Life
Arranged By [Arrangement For Ten Double Basses], Baritone Guitar – Scott Walker
|7||The Birds In Your Garden
Ocarina, Flute – Andrew FindonSaw [Musical Saw] – Caspar Cronk
|8||Bob Lind (The Only Way Is Down)
Arranged By [Arrangement For Ten Double Basses] – Brian Gascoigne, Scott WalkerTwelve-String Guitar – Richard Hawley
|9||Bad Cover Version
Arranged By [Strings] – Brian Gascoigne, Candida Doyle, Scott WalkerBacking Vocals – Beverley Skeete, Claudia Fontaine, Sylvia James*Percussion – Julian Poole
Cello [Five String Electric] – Philip Sheppard
Arranged By [Choir] – Brian GascoigneChoir – The Metro Voices*Contractor [Orchestral Contractor] – Isobel GriffithsCoordinator [Choral Co-ordinator] – Jenny O'GradyEngineer [Choir - Additional Engineering] – Matt LawrenceEngineer [Choir] – Clive Goddard, Peter WalshLap Steel Guitar – Richard HawleyLeader [Strings] – Gavyn WrightPercussion – Julian PooleRecorded By [Choir] – Steve Price (6)Recorded By [Strings] – Geoff Foster
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Published By – Universal/Island Music Ltd.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Metropolis Studios
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Mixed At – Metropolis Studios
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Made By – Universal M & L, UK
- Art Direction – Jarvis Cocker, Peter Saville (2)
- Co-producer, Engineer – Peter Walsh
- Design – Howard Wakefield, Marcus Werner Hed
- Directed By [Musical Director Of The Swingle Sisters], Arranged By [Vocal Arrangements] – Joanna Forbes
- Engineer [Assistant] – Matt Lawrence
- Illustration – Clip Art (2), Rory Crichton
- Illustration [Cartoon] – John Glashan
- Management [Scott Walker] – Negus-Fancey Company
- Mastered By – Chris Blair
- Mixed By – Peter Walsh, Scott Walker
- Painting [Canoe Island (2000)] – Peter Doig
- Photography By – George Parfitt, Jarvis Cocker, Sarah Parris, Tom Miller, Tony Webber
- Photography By [Flesheater 4 (2000)] – Mat Collishaw
- Producer – Scott Walker
- Written-By – Doyle*, Cocker*, Webber*, Banks*, Mansell* (tracks: 11), Mackey*
Track durations are not shown on the release.
Recorded and mixed at Metropolis, London. Strings recorded at Air Studios. Choir recorded at Angel Studios.
Track 4 samples "Tell Her You Love Her" written by Stanley Myers & Hal Shaper, published by Screen Gems-EMI Music Ltd. Taken from the film "Otley".
Track 5 samples "Willow's Song" composed by Paul Giovanni, from the British Lion film "The Wicker Man".
Track 7: Virtual birdsong generated at the Institute of Sound & Vibration Research, University of Southampton under the supervision of Professor Phil Nelson.
℗ 2001 Universal Island Records Ltd.
© 2001 Universal Island Records Ltd.
A Universal Music Company.
Made in the EU.
24-page booklet with lyrics accompanied by illustrations (each credited individually), credits. Standard CD jewel case with clear tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 731458654025
- Barcode (As shown): 7 31458 65402 5
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1 to 3): CID8110 01 5 MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M & L
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 to 3): IFPI L135
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 04C9
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 04D1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 04F6
- Label Code: LC 00407
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
Other Versions (5 of 29) View All
|CIDX 8110, 586 541-2||Pulp||We Love Life (CD, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||CIDX 8110, 586 541-2||UK||2001||Sell This Version|
|UICI-1014||Pulp||We Love Life (CD, Album)||Island Records||UICI-1014||Japan||2001||Sell This Version|
|586541-4||Pulp||We Love Life (Cass, Album)||Island Records||586541-4||Malaysia||2001||Sell This Version|
|CIDX 8110, 586 541-2||Pulp||We Love Life (CD, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||CIDX 8110, 586 541-2||Singapore||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|none||Pulp||We Love Life (CDr, Album, Promo)||Island Records, Mercury||none||Germany||2001||Sell This Version|