Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – John McBain
|A4||Walkin' On The Sidewalks||5:03|
|B5||You Would Know
Bass, Vocals – Chris Goss
|B7||How To Handle A Rope (A Lesson In The Lariat)||3:30|
|C10||You Can't Quit Me Baby||6:33|
|C11||These Aren't The Droids You're Looking For|
|D12||Give The Mule What He Wants
Bass, Vocals – Chris Goss
|D13||Spiders And Vinegaroons
Drums – Vic Indrizzo*Producer, Percussion, Clavinet – Chris Goss
|D14||I Was A Teenage Hand Model
Drums, Vocals – Fred DrakePercussion – Dave Catching*Performer [Sofa] – Mike Johnson (8)Piano – Carlo*, Hutch (4)
- Manufactured By – Domino
- Distributed By – Domino
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ipecac Recordings
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rekords Rekords
- Copyright (c) – Ipecac Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Rekords Rekords
- Recorded At – Rancho De La Luna
- Recorded At – Ironwood Studios
- Recorded At – Monkey Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Bass Guitar, Keyboards – Carlo*
- Co-producer, Mixed By – Joe Barresi
- Design [Package] – Kozik*, Homme*
- Drums – Alfredo Hernandez
- Engineer [Assistant] – Steve Feldman
- Guitar, Vocals, Producer, Written-By – Joshua Homme*
- Management [Booking Agent Europe] – Steve Strange (2)
- Management [Booking Agent Usa] – Robby Fraser
- Management [Legal] – Jeffrey Light
- Mastered By – Brian Gardner
- Performer [Foh, Guru, Hardwalls, Back Of Door] – Hutch (4)
- Photography By – Lisa Johnson (5)
- Photography By  – Tony Tornay
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Mark Gabor
- Technician [Drums] – Bruce Jacoby
- Written-By – Alfredo Hernandez, Queens Of The Stone Age (tracks: A2 to D14)
The credit card style dropcard was replaced with a generic Domino card MP3 voucher.
At the last minute Ipecac were dropped in favour of Domino Records after the album had been manufactured by Ipecac. Due to manufacturing problems at Domino, Queens Of The Stone Age used the Ipecac Pressing for sales during their US/Canadian tour supporting the record in March/April 2011. This was done as a stop gap to fulfil pre-orders and sold on tour.
The majority of Ipecac Recordings copies were commandeered and re-released by Domino and Rekords Rekords, rebranded with stickering. Rekords Rekords and Domino eventually stripped the Ipecac sleeve away completely and released the Ipecac vinyl records themselves in custom Domino and Rekords Rekords branded sleeves.
Domino USA have stated that all vinyl versions of the repress used the same masters. The runout information on the European version suggests that separate vinyl masters were used.
This release has a thick card gatefold sleeve with a high gloss finish and paper inner sleeves. The Domino pressing has a thin card sleeve with a matt finish and card inner sleeves.
The lyric sheet has been misprinted with lyrics for track C9 interrupted by the title of the next track. The lyrics then continue under the heading for track C10. The European version released by Domino is printed correctly.
The text on the spine has been printed upside down.
Recorded April 3-21, 1998 at Studio Monkey, Palm Springs California. "I Was A Teenage Hand Model" recorded at Rancho de la Luna Studios in Joshua Tree, California. "Spiders And Vinegaroons" recorded Ironwood Studio, Seattle, WA.
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA.
Tracks B6, C11 & D13 are bonus tracks. "The Bronze" & "These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For" were included in the 1998 split release with the band Beaver. "Spiders and Vinegaroons" was originally released on the 'Kyuss/Queens Of The Stone Age' split release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Runout Side A): IPC124LP-A "!"
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Runout Side C): IPC124LP-B '!'
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Runout Side C): IPC124LP-C "!"
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Runout Side D): IPC124LP-D "!"
Other Versions (5 of 51) View All
|lg 0021-2||Queens Of The Stone Age||Queens Of The Stone Age (CD, Album)||Loosegroove Records||lg 0021-2||US||1998||Sell This Version|
|REK001CDP||Queens Of The Stone Age||Queens Of The Stone Age (CD, Album, Promo)||Rekords Rekords||REK001CDP||Europe||2011||Sell This Version|
|mr151||Queens Of The Stone Age||Queens Of The Stone Age (LP, Ltd, Unofficial, Red)||Man's Ruin Records (2)||mr151||Europe||2013||Sell This Version|
|HSE- 60058||Queens Of The Stone Age||Queens Of The Stone Age (CD, Blu)||Rekords Rekords||HSE- 60058||Japan||2011||Sell This Version|
|LG 0021-2, AAA 997||Queens Of The Stone Age||Queens Of The Stone Age (CD, Album, Col)||Loose Groove Records, Rekords Rekords||LG 0021-2, AAA 997||US||1998||Sell This Version|