Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Try Not To Breathe||3:50|
|3||The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite||4:09|
|5||New Orleans Instrumental No. 1||2:15|
Cello – Knox Chandler
|7||Monty Got A Raw Deal
Cello – Knox Chandler
Harmonica, Clavinet – Scott Litt
|9||Star Me Kitten||3:16|
|10||Man On The Moon||5:14|
|12||Find The River||3:49|
- Record Company – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D100121
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – R.E.M./Athens Ltd
- Copyright (c) – R.E.M./Athens Ltd
- Published By – Night Garden Music
- Manufactured For – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.
- Recorded At – Bearsville Studios
- Recorded At – Criteria Recording Studios
- Recorded At – John Keane Studios
- Recorded At – Kingsway Studios, New Orleans
- Recorded At – Bosstown Recording Studios
- Mixed At – Bad Animals
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Arranged By [Orchestrations] – John Paul Jones (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 11)
- Art Direction, Design – Michael Stipe, Tom Recchion
- Cello – Daniel Laufer, Elizabeth Proctor Murphy, Kathleen Kee
- CGI Artist [Computer Imaging] – Cecil Juanarena
- Conductor – George Hanson
- Engineer – Clif Norrell
- Engineer [Additional Recording / 2nd Engineer @ Bosstown Recording Studios] – Ted Malia
- Engineer [Additional Recording / 2nd Engineer @ Kingsway Studio] – Mark Howard
- Engineer [Additional Recording @ John Keane Studio] – John Keane
- Engineer [Mixed / 2nd Engineer @ Bad Animals / Seatle] – Ed Brooks
- Engineer [Mixed / Assistant Engineer @ Bad Animals / Seatle] – Tod Lemkuhl
- Engineer [Recorded / 2nd Engineer @ Bearsville Studio] – George Cowan
- Engineer [Recorded / 2nd Engineer @ Criteria Recording Studios] – Andrew Roshberg
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Clif Norrell, Scott Litt
- Oboe – Deborah Workman
- Performer [Including] – Bertis Downs*, Jefferson Holt
- Performer, Songwriter – Bill Berry (2), Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Peter Buck
- Photography By – Anton Corbijn
- Photography By [Back Cover Photos] – Fredrik Nilsen
- Producer – R.E.M., Scott Litt
- Technician [Drum Technician] – Robert Hall
- Technician [Technical Assistance - Microwave] – Mark Mytrowitz
- Viola – Heidi Nitchie, Paul Murphy (5), Reid Harris
- Violin – Denise Berginson-Smith, Jody Taylor, Lonnie Ottzen, Patti Gouvas, Sandy Salzinger*, Sou-Chun Su
Bearsville Studio, Bearsville, New York.
Criteria Recording Studios, Miami, Florida.
John Keane Studio, Athens, Georgia.
Kingsway Studio, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Bosstown Recording Studios, Atlanta, Georgia.
Bad Animals/Seattle, Seattle, Washington.
Mastered at Precision Mastering.
D.B. Kilpatrick, B.C. Johnson, M.O. Williams, M.L. Rawson
Published by Night Garden Music.
Administered in this world, among others, by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI).
Usage of the title and musical material of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by permission of Abilene Music, Inc.
Automatic For The People is the motto and service mark of Weaver D's Delicious Fine Foods in Clarke County, Georgia. A gracious thanks to Weaver D and his great establishment----"Automatic."
©1992 R.E.M. / Athens, Ltd. Made in U.S.A.
Packaging: Jewel Case
Total Playing Time: 48 mins, 52 secs
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9362-45055-2 5
- Matrix / Runout: 1 45055-2 SRC=05 M4S1
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 107) View All
|9 45055-2||R.E.M.||Automatic For The People (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||9 45055-2||US||1992||Sell This Version|
|CDW 45055||R.E.M.||Automatic For The People (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||CDW 45055||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|LP-7-1 2039313||R.E.M.||Automatic For The People (LP, Album)||Croatia Records||LP-7-1 2039313||Croatia||1992||Sell This Version|
|50 188-4, 9362-45055-4||R.E.M.||Automatic For The People (Cass, Album)||Popron, Warner Bros. Records||50 188-4, 9362-45055-4||Czechoslovakia||1992||Sell This Version|
|9362-45055-4, WX 488C, WX488C||R.E.M.||Automatic For The People (Cass, Album, Yel)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9362-45055-4, WX 488C, WX488C||Europe||1992||Sell This Version|