Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Big Wheels In Shanty Town
Arranged By [The Phantom Horns] – David Sylvian, Mick KarnBass [Pulse Bass, ' Wah Wah' Bass], Brass – Mick KarnDrums, Percussion, Electric Organ [Hammond Organ] – Steve JansenElectric Organ [Hammond Organ], Guitar [Guitars], Electronics [Shortwave Radio], Electric Piano, Vocals – David SylvianGuitar [Additional Guitar] – Bill NelsonHorns – The Phantom Horns*Synthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard BarbieriVocals – Djanka Diabate, Djene Doumbouya
|2||Every Colour You Are
Bass, Saxophone ['wah Wah' Saxophone] – Mick KarnDrums, Percussion – Steve JansenGuitar [Guitars], Electric Piano, Electronics [Shortwave Radio], Effects [Treatments], Vocals – David SylvianSlide Guitar – Phil PalmerSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|3||Rain Tree Crow
Percussion – Steve JansenPercussion [Additional Percussion], Vocals – David SylvianPipe [Pipes] – Mick KarnSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|4||Red Earth (As Summertime Ends)
Acoustic Guitar – Phil PalmerBass, Tabla – Mick KarnCongas [Bass Conga] – Michael BrookDrum [Ceramic Drums], Percussion – Steve JansenOrchestrated By [Orchestration] – Brian GascoigneSlide Guitar, Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Drum [Indian Drum] – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|5||Pocket Full Of Change
Bass, Brass – Mick KarnDrums, Percussion, Organ [Additional Organ] – Steve JansenGuitar [Guitar Treatments] – Michael BrookOrgan, Guitar, Vocals – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|6||Boat's For Burning
Guitar, Vocals [Vocal] – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard BarbieriTambourine – Steve Jansen
|7||New Moon At Red Deer Wallow
Bass Clarinet – Mick KarnDrum [Moroccan Clay Drums], Drums [Fan Drums], Percussion – Steve JansenGuitar [Guitars], Bass – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
Bass – Mick KarnDrums, Percussion – Steve JansenGuitar – Bill NelsonGuitar [Guitars], Synthesizer [Additional Synthesizer], Vocals [Vocal] – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|9||A Reassuringly Dull Sunday
Percussion – Michael BrookPercussion, Bass Clarinet – Mick KarnPercussion, Marimba – Steve JansenPercussion, Organ [Tuned Organ], Synthesizer – David SylvianSynthesizer [Synthesizers], Piano – Richard Barbieri
|10||Blackcrow Hits Shoe Shine City
Bass, Saxophone ['wah Wah' Saxophone] – Mick KarnDrums, Percussion – Steve JansenElectric Organ, Electric Piano, Effects [Treatments], Guitar [Guitars], Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Vocals – David SylvianGuitar [' Blue ' Guitar] – Bill NelsonGuitar [Infinite Guitar] – Michael BrookSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|11||Scratchings On The Bible Belt
Bass Clarinet – Mick KarnElectronics [Treatments] – Michael BrookGuitar [Guitars], Banjo, Marimba, Harmonium – David SylvianPiano [Treated Piano], Percussion, Marimba – Steve JansenSynthesizer [Synthesizers], Noises [Water Wheel] – Richard Barbieri
|12||Cries And Whispers
Bass – Mick KarnGuitar [Guitars], Electronics [Treatments], Vocals [Vocal] – David SylvianPercussion – Steve JansenSynthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard Barbieri
|13||I Drink To Forget
Noises [Wine Glasses] – Mick Karn, Steve JansenOrgan, Synthesizer [Synthesizers] – Richard BarbieriPiano [Prepared Piano], Guitar, Electronics [Shortwave] – David Sylvian
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Opium (Arts) Ltd.
- Published By – 10 Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Studio Miraval
- Recorded At – Condulmer Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Marcus Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Recorded At – The Wool Hall
- Recorded At – Ropewalk Studio
- Recorded At – Studio Mega
- Recorded At – Eel Pie Studios
- Mixed At – Olympic Studios
- Mixed At – Eel Pie Studios
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – The Town House
- Pressed By – EMI Uden
- Coordinator [Recording Coordination, Assisted By] – Natasha White (2)
- Coordinator [Recording Coordination] – Richard Chadwick (2)
- Design [Redesign By] – The Red Room
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Tim Martin
- Engineer [Engineered By] – Pat McCarthy
- Management – Opium (Arts) Ltd., Richard Chadwick (2)
- Management [Assisted By] – Natasha White (2)
- Mastered By [Cut By] – Tony Cousins
- Mixed By – David Sylvian, Steve Nye
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Al Stone
- Other [Assistant] – Bruce Davies, Louise McCormack, Mohammed (Momo) Loudiyi, Paolo Carrer, Paul Stevens, Rupert Coulson
- Photography By [Landscape Photography By] – Shinya Fujiwara
- Photography By [Portrait Photography By] – Douglas Brothers*
- Producer [Produced By] – Rain Tree Crow
- Programmed By [Computer Programming] – Steve Jansen
- Programmed By [Keyboard Programming] – David Sylvian, Richard Barbieri
- Remastered By – Tony Cousins
- Songwriter – R.T.C.*
- Words By – David Sylvian
Issued as a six-panel Digipak with a 3x2 panel foldout poster.
Track 13 is a bonus track not found on the original release.
The UK releases, catalogue # CDVX 2659 are not Copy Controlled' and can be distinguished by the spines of the Digipak have 'Music from EMI' printed. Furthermore, they omit the 'Copy Controlled' sticker from the cover & CD.
℗ & © Digitally Remastered 2003 Virgin Records Ltd. This label copy information is the subject of copyright protection. All rights reserved. © 2003 Virgin Records Ltd. The Copy Control Logo is a Trade Mark of the IFPI and is used under licence. 7243 5 91026 2 7
Place of manufacture as stated on label. Marketed and distributed by EMI. Printed in the EU.
On CD: Made in EU
On Digipak: Printed in EU
Published by Opium (Arts) Ltd / 10 Music Ltd.
The majority of the material on this album was written as a result of group improvisations. There were no pre-rehearsals; the improvisation took place in the recording studio and much of the finished work contains original elements of those initial performances.
Recorded between September 1989 and April 1990 at Miraval Studios, Le Val, France; Condulmer Studio, Zerman di Mogliano, Italy; Marcus Studios, London; Air Studios, London; The Wool Hall, Bath; Ropewalk Studio, Dublin; Mega Studios, Paris, France; Eel Pie Studios, London.
Tracks 1, 4, 5, 8 to 10, 12 & 13 mixed at Olympic Studios, London.
Tracks 6, 7 & 11 mixed at Eel Pie Studios, London.
Cut at The Townhouse.
Remastered at Metropolis Mastering, London.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24359 10262 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 724359102627
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LO46
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 151E
- Matrix / Runout: 1-1-2-NL EMI UDEN 5910262 @ 1
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Other: UK
- Other: F
Other Versions (5 of 36) View All
|V2659||Rain Tree Crow||Rain Tree Crow (LP, Album)||Virgin, Virgin||V2659||UK||1991||Sell This Version|
|FJ 9910007||Rain Tree Crow||Rain Tree Crow (CD, Album, Unofficial)||ArsNova||FJ 9910007||Russia||1999||Sell This Version|
|V/TCV 2569||Rain Tree Crow||Rain Tree Crow (Cass, Album, TP)||Virgin, The Town House||V/TCV 2569||UK||1991||Sell This Version|
|none||Rain Tree Crow||Rain Tree Crow (Cass, Album, Promo)||Virgin Records America, Inc.||none||US||1991||Sell This Version|
|VJCP-30087||Rain Tree Crow||Rain Tree Crow (CD, Album, Ltd, Promo, Sli)||Virgin Japan, Virgin||VJCP-30087||Japan||1991||Sell This Version|