Tracklist Hide Credits
- Alto Saxophone – Riley Hampton (tracks: A)
- Arranged By – Sun Ra (tracks: A)
- Baritone Saxophone – McKinley Easton (tracks: A)
- Bass – Jimmy Richardson (tracks: A)
- Drums, Written By, Leader – Red Saunders (tracks: A)
- Guitar – Unknown Artist (tracks: A)
- Piano – Earl Washington (tracks: A)
- Tenor Saxophone, Written By – Leon Washington (tracks: A)
- Trombone – Harlan Floyd (tracks: A), John Avant (tracks: A)
- Trumpet – Flip Ricard (tracks: A), Sonny Cohn (tracks: A)
- Vocals – The Hambone Kids (tracks: A)
- Vocals, Whistling – Dolores Hawkins (tracks: A)
- Written By – Sammy McGrier (tracks: A)
51 W. 52 Street, New York, New York
Originally released on Shellac Single : Okeh – 7166 (10", 78 RPM, 1952).
Hambone was recorded at Columbia Studio, Chicago, January 18, 1952.
Campbell, Robert L., Büttner, Armin & Kochakian, Dan (Latest revision: June 16, 2016) : Red Saunders Discography ( http://campber.people.clemson.edu/saunders.html )
Geerken, Hartmut & Trent, Chris (2015) - Omniverse Sun Ra: p177 #14.
Another take of "Hambone" from the same recording date was released on Okeh – 4-6862
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout ("Hambone"): ZSP-59257-1F
- Matrix / Runout ("Rumble Mambo"): J ZSP-59258-1K