|A1||Catherine Of Aragon||3:45|
|A2||Anne Of Cleves||7:50|
|B2||Anne Boylen 'The Day Thou Gavest Lord Hath Ended'||6:31|
- Made By – Polydor
- Arranged By – Rick Wakeman
- Banjo [Electric] – Dave Cousins (tracks: A3)
- Bass – Chas Cronk (tracks: A3), Chris Squire (tracks: A1), Dave Winter* (tracks: A2, B3), Les Hurdle (tracks: A1, B2)
- Drums – Alan White (tracks: A2, B1, B3), Barry De Souza (tracks: A3), Bill Bruford (tracks: A1, B2)
- Engineer – Ken Scott (tracks: A1, B2), Paul Tregurtha
- Engineer [Assistant] – Pete Flanagan*
- Guitar – Dave Lambert (4) (tracks: A3), Mike Egan (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B3), Steve Howe (tracks: A1)
- Mixed By – Dave Hershall (tracks: B2), Ken Scott (tracks: A1), Paul Tregurtha (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B3)
- Percussion – Frank Riccotti* (tracks: A2, A3, B3), Ray Cooper (tracks: A1, B2)
- Producer – Rick Wakeman
- Vocals – Barry St. John (tracks: A1), Judy Powell* (tracks: A1), Laura Lee (tracks: B2), Liza Strike (tracks: A1, B2), Sylvia McNeill (tracks: B2)
- Written By – Rick Wakeman
Custom built Hammond C-3 Organ, RMI Electric Piano & Harpsichord, 2 x Mini-Moog Synthesizer, Mellotron 400-D (Brass/Strings/Flutes), Mellotron 400-D (Vocals/Sound Effects/Vibes), Steinway 9’ Grand Piano, Frequency Counter, Custom Mixer.
In addition to the above instruments a Thomas Goff Harpsichord and ARP Synthesizer were used. All sounds put through two Stereo Leslies, Fender Duel Showman Amp & two JBL Cabinets. Also used a custom built Oscillator, Fuzz & Wahwah Pedal and Binson Echo Unit, Keyboards & Amplification set up by: John Cleary, Michael Tait, Philip Hepple, Claude Johnson Taylor. The organ on ‘Jane Seymour’ was recorded at St. Giles, Cripplegate.
‘Katherine Of Aragon’ was engineered and mixed at Trident Studios, London. ‘Anne Boylen’ was engineered at Morgan Studios, London, and mixed at Trident Studios. All the remaining tracks were engineered and mixed at Morgan Studios.
All titles written and arranged by Rick Wakeman, except for the Hymn at the end of ‘Anne Boylen’ which is 'The Day Thou Gavest Lord Hath Ended' (E.J. Hopkins, arr. Rick Wakeman).
Recorded between February and October, 1972. All songs published by Rondor Music.
This album is based around my interpretations of the musical characteristics of the wives of Henry VIII. Although the style may not always be in keeping with their individual history, it is my personal conception of their characters in relations to keyboard instruments. - Rick.
made in West Germany
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 0485
- Barcode: 0 82839 32291 1
Other Versions (5 of 115) View All
|AMLH 64361||Rick Wakeman||The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLH 64361||UK||1973||Sell This Version|
|AMLH 64361||Rick Wakeman||The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (LP, Album, RE)||A&M Records||AMLH 64361||Israel||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|AML-173||Rick Wakeman||The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (LP, Album, RP, Gat)||A&M Records||AML-173||Japan||1973||Sell This Version|
|AMLH 64361||Rick Wakeman||The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (LP, Album, Gat)||A&M Records||AMLH 64361||South Africa||1973||Sell This Version|
|D32Y3115||Rick Wakeman||The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (CD, Album)||A&M Records||D32Y3115||Japan||1986||Sell This Version|