|A||1. Beginning To "Declare State Of Plague." "Close The Town"|
|B||1. "Exile" To The End|
- Adapted By (Text) [Translated] – Stuart Gilbert
- Chorus – National Symphony Orchestra Chorus
- Composed By, Liner Notes – Roberto Gerhard
- Conductor, Liner Notes – Antal Dorati
- Design – Decca Record Publicity Art Department
- Engineer – Colin Moorfoot, Kenneth Wilkinson, Michael Mailes
- Mastered By – G (22)
- Narrator – Alec McCowen
- Orchestra – National Symphony Orchestra, Washington D.C.*
- Photography By – Eric Auerbach
- Producer – James Mallinson
- Text By – Albert Camus
Belongs to the Decca Headine series, being number 6.
The Plague was commissioned by the BBC and Antal Dorati, who gave the first performance on April 1st 1964 in the presence of, and in consultation of the composer. The version that appears on this record, recorded on May 11th 1973 at the Constitution Hall, Washington, D.C.
Features on TAS list Best of the Bunch Classical.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label side A): ZAL.13125
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label side B): ZAL.13126
- Matrix / Runout (stamped in runout side A): ZAL-13125-1G
- Matrix / Runout (stamped in runout side B): ZAL-13126-3G
- Rights Society: M.C.P.S.