|A1||–Maria (34)||Prelude And The Sound Of Music||2:33|
|A2||–Nuns Chorus* And Orchestra*||Overture And Preludium (Dixit Dominus)||3:12|
|A3||–Nuns Chorus*||Morning Hymn And Alleluia||2:00|
|A5||–Maria (34)||I Have Confidence||3:21|
|A6||–Rolf (5) And Liesl||Sixteen Going On Seventeen||3:13|
|A7||–Maria (34)||My Favorite Things||2:16|
|A8||–Mother Abbess||Climb Ev'ry Mountain||2:13|
|B1||–Maria (34) And The Children*||The Lonely Goatherd||3:08|
|B2||–The Children* And The Captain (6)||The Sound Of Music||2:09|
|B3||–Maria (34) And The Children*||Do-Re-Mi||5:30|
|B4||–Maria (34) And The Captain (6)||Something Good||3:15|
|B5||–Orchestra* And Nuns Chorus*||Processional And Maria||2:25|
|B6||–The Captain (6), Maria (34), The Children* And Chorus*||Edelweiss||1:48|
|B7||–The Children*||So Long, Farewell||2:52|
|B8||–Chorus* And Orchestra*||Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Reprise)||1:18|
- Arranged By, Conductor [Conducted By] – Irwin Kostal
- Engineer [Film Music Editor] – Robert Mayer (2)
- Engineer [Film Recording Engineer] – Douglas Williams (3), Murray Spivak
- Engineer [Rca Victor Recording Engineer] – John Norman (2)
- Lyrics By – Oscar Hammerstein II
- Music By, Lyrics By [Additional Words By], Music By [Additional Music By] – Richard Rodgers
- Photography By [Photo] – Frank Bez
- Producer [Associate] – Saul Chaplin
- Producer [Produced For Record By] – Neely Plumb
- Vocals [Maria] – Julie Andrews (tracks: A1, A5, A7, B1, B3, B4, B6)
- Vocals [Mother Abbess] – Peggy Wood (tracks: A8)
- Vocals [Rolf] – Dan Truhitte (tracks: A6)
- Vocals [The Captain] – Christopher Plummer (tracks: B2, B4, B6)
- Vocals [The Children, Brigitta] – Angela Cartwright (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Friedrich] – Nicholas Hammond (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Gretl] – Kym Karath (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Kurt] – Duane Chase (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Liesl] – Charmian Carr (tracks: A6, B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Louisa] – Heather Menzies (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Marta] – Debbie Turner (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [Vocal Supervision] – Robert Tucker
(C) 1965 RCA Records, New York, NY.
Printed in U.S.A.
A Maritime Enterprises, Inc. Production.
Twentieth Century-Fox Presents Rodgers and Hammerstein's "The Sound Of Music" starring Julie Andrews - Christopher Plummer.
Title as printed on spine of sleeve: Rodgers And Hammerstein's "The Sound Of Music" - An Original Soundtrack Recording
Included inside sleeve, 8 page color "Original Soundtrack Album And Storybook".
Mono LOCD 2005
Side A = LSOD 2005 (S3RS-3343)
Side B = LSOD 2005 (S3RS-3344)
Originally Produced on the Stage by Leland Hayward, Richard Halliday, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II.
Suggested by "Maria Trapp's Story".
Notes not on release:
This is the original issue. Numerous U.S. reissue LP releases available on RCA Records with same cat# LSOD 2005. Reissues included Gatefold sleeve, "Winner of 5 Academy Awards! Including Best Picture" (1965) with picture of statuette printed on front of sleeve, RE, RE-2, RE3, RE4, etc. (printed on sleeve, either front or back).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A): S3RS-3343
- Matrix / Runout (B): S3RS-3344