|A1||–Maria (34)||Prelude And The Sound Of Music||2:33|
|A2||–Nuns Chorus* And Orchestra*||Overture And Preludium (Dixit Dominus)||3:12|
|A3||–Nuns Chorus*||Morning Hymn And Alleluia||2:00|
|A5||–Maria (34)||I Have Confidence||3:21|
|A6||–Rolf (5) And Liesl||Sixteen Going On Seventeen||3:13|
|A7||–Maria (34)||My Favorite Things||2:16|
|A8||–Mother Abbess||Climb Ev'ry Mountain||2:13|
|B1||–Maria (34) And The Children*||The Lonely Goatherd||3:08|
|B2||–The Children* And The Captain (6)||The Sound Of Music||2:09|
|B3||–Maria (34) And The Children*||Do-Re-Mi||5:30|
|B4||–Maria (34) And The Captain (6)||Something Good||3:15|
|B5||–Orchestra* And Nuns Chorus*||Processional And Maria||2:25|
|B6||–The Captain (6), Maria (34), The Children* And Chorus*||Edelweiss||1:48|
|B7||–The Children*||So Long, Farewell||2:52|
|B8||–Chorus* And Orchestra*||Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Reprise)||1:18|
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Rockaway
- Arranged By, Conductor [Conducted By] – Irwin Kostal
- Engineer [Film Music Editor] – Robert Mayer
- Engineer [Film Recording Engineer] – Douglas Williams (3), Murray Spivak
- Engineer [Rca Victor Recording Engineer] – John Norman (2)
- Lyrics By – Oscar Hammerstein II
- Music By, Lyrics By [Additional Words By], Music By [Additional Music By] – Richard Rodgers
- Photography By [Photo] – Frank Bez
- Producer [Associate] – Saul Chaplin
- Producer [Produced For Records By] – Neely Plumb
- Vocals [Maria] – Julie Andrews (tracks: A1, A5, A7, B1, B3, B4, B6)
- Vocals [Mother Abbess] – Peggy Wood (tracks: A8)
- Vocals [Rolf] – Dan Truhitte (tracks: A6)
- Vocals [The Captain] – Christopher Plummer (tracks: B2, B4, B6)
- Vocals [The Children, Brigitta] – Angela Cartwright (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Friedrich] – Nicholas Hammond (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Gretl] – Kym Karath (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Kurt] – Duane Chase (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Liesl] – Charmian Carr (tracks: A6, B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Louisa] – Heather Menzies (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [The Children, Marta] – Debbie Turner (tracks: B1 to B3, B6, B7)
- Vocals [Vocal Supervision] – Robert Tucker
On this release, "Original Sound Track" appears at the 3:00 o'clock and 9:00 o'clock position on the labels.
Cat# "LSOD-2005" appears on the front cover, spine and back cover.
Cat# "LSOD 2005" appears on the record labels.
© 1965 RCA Records, New York, NY.
Made/Printed in U.S.A.
Also Available as Mono LOCD-2005
A Maritime Enterprises, Inc. Production.
Twentieth Century-Fox Presents Rodgers and Hammerstein's "The Sound Of Music" starring Julie Andrews - Christopher Plummer.
Title as printed on spine of sleeve: Rodgers And Hammerstein's "The Sound Of Music" - An Original Soundtrack Recording
Included inside sleeve, 8 page color "Original Soundtrack Album And Storybook".
Originally Produced on the Stage by Leland Hayward, Richard Halliday, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II.
Suggested by "Maria Trapp's Story".
Notes not on release:
This is the original issue. Numerous U.S. reissue LP releases available on RCA Records with same cat# LSOD 2005. Reissues included Gatefold sleeve, "Winner of 5 Academy Awards! Including Best Picture" (1965) with picture of statuette printed on front of sleeve, RE, RE-2, RE3, RE4, etc. (printed on sleeve, either front or back).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A (Stamped, "C" is backwards))): S3RS-3343-14S C4 R
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B (Stamped)): S3RS-3344-21S 1 R
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B (Etched)): C