Roy Travis - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra And Chorus* Conducted By Jan Popper, William Du Pré*, Maureen Lehane, Joy Mammen, John Robert Dunlap, Robert Lloyd (4), Richard Hale (2) – The Passion Of Oedipus
Tracklist Hide Credits
- Baritone Vocals [Laios] – John Robert Dunlap
- Bass Vocals [Corinthian Envoy] – Robert Lloyd (4) (tracks: B)
- Chorus – The Royal Philharmonic Chorus
- Conductor – Jan Popper
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [Jocasta] – Maureen Lehane
- Orchestra – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Soprano Vocals [Oracle] – Joy Mammen
- Tenor Vocals [Oedipus] – William Du Pre*
- Vocals [Old Shepherd] – Richard Hale (2) (tracks: B)
The mostly atonal score includes some harmonic passages. The chorus has an active role in the development of the plot. BIBLIOgRAPHY: Albert Goldberg, review, ON 33 (Dec. 28, 1968): 32. DISCOgRAPHY: selections, M. Kehane, W. Du Pre, cond. Popper, Royal Phil. Orch. and Chorus, Orion ORS 73129 (1973, 1 LP).
Orion Super Stereo Sound dolby process
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): ORS - 73129 <A> 530132FID . Orion master rec.
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout: DIAI looks more like an autograph/ initials): ORS - 73129 <B> DIAI ZSAP