Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||(Argument With David Rawlings Concerning Morrissey)||0:37|
|2||To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)||3:04|
|3||My Winding Wheel
Featuring [Background] – Pat Sansone
|5||Oh My Sweet Carolina
Piano – Pat SansoneVocals – Emmylou Harris
Keyboards [Chamberlin], Featuring [Weird-storm-producing Organ Type Instrument] – Pat Sansone
|7||Call Me On Your Way Back Home||3:09|
|8||Damn, Sam (I Love A Woman That Rains)||2:08|
|9||Come Pick Me Up
Backing Vocals – Kim RicheyPiano – Pat Sansone
|10||To Be The One||3:01|
|11||Why Do They Leave?
Backing Vocals – Allison PiercePiano – Pat Sansone
|12||Shakedown On 9th Street||2:53|
|13||Don't Ask For The Water||2:56|
|14||In My Time Of Need||5:39|
|15||Sweet Lil Gal (23rd/1st)||3:39|
- Acoustic Guitar – David Rawlings, Gillian Welch, Ryan Adams
- Backing Vocals – David Rawlings, Gillian Welch
- Banjo – David Rawlings, Gillian Welch, Ryan Adams
- Booking – Frank Riley (2)
- Design – Gina Binkley
- Electric Bass, Voice [Of "lucy"] – Gillian Welch
- Electric Guitar – David Rawlings, Ryan Adams
- Engineer [Assistant] – Patrick Himes
- Management – Frank Callari
- Management [Legal Representation] – Josh Grier (2)
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Other [All Around Swell Guy That Brought Up The Amp] – Maple
- Photography By – David McClister
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By, Bass, Drums, Glockenspiel, Organ [B-3], Vibraphone [Vibes], Keyboards [Chamberlin] – Ethan Johns
- Recorded By [Pre-production] – Allen Midgett, Merle Chornuk
- Tambourine [Throwing] – David Rawlings
- Vocals, Piano, Harmonica – Ryan Adams
- Written-By – David Rawlings (tracks: 2), Ryan Adams, Van Alston, Renaissance Man Of Raleigh, North Carolina* (tracks: 6, 9)
Recorded at Woodland Studios, Room A Nashville, Tennessee. It took 14 days.
Pre-production recording at Waltmore St. Studios, Jacksonville, NC and Pilot Studios, NYC (near Port Authority).
Management for FCC Management.
Booking for Monterey Peninsula Artists.
All songs (Barland Music, administered by Bug Music (BMI)) except "To Be Young (is to be sad, is to be high)" (Cracklin' Music administered by Bug Music (BMI)).
Ryan Adams appears courtesy of NASA.
©Ryan Adams (R)2000 Bloodshot LTD.
The title for track 1 is listed as "(Argument with David Rawlings concerning Morrissey)."
The title for track 2 is listed as "To Be Young (is to be sad, is to be high)."
The title for track 4 is listed as "AMY."
The title for track 8 is listed as "Damn, Sam (I love a woman that rains)."
The title for track 12 is listed as "Shakedown on 9th Street."
The title for track 14 is listed as "In My Time of Need."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 44302-0071-2 0
- Matrix / Runout: L388 9902 II17 D00531-12 A FAILSAFE
Other Versions (5 of 27) View All
|PAX-AM 056, 1790026480||Ryan Adams||Heartbreaker (2xCD, Album, Dlx, RE + DVD-V)||Pax Americana Record Company, Pax Americana Record Company||PAX-AM 056, 1790026480||US||2016||Sell This Version|
|COOK 205||Ryan Adams||Heartbreaker (LP, Album, Rec)||Cooking Vinyl||COOK 205||UK & US||2000||Sell This Version|
|COOKCD 205||Ryan Adams||Heartbreaker (CD, Album)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCD 205||UK||2000||Sell This Version|
|BUF-103/ LBCY-306||Ryan Adams||Heartbreaker (CD, Album)||Bloodshot Records||BUF-103/ LBCY-306||Japan||2000||Sell This Version|
|PAX-AM 052||Ryan Adams||Heartbreaker (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, 180)||Pax Americana Record Company||PAX-AM 052||Germany||2015||Sell This Version|