- Copyright (c) – Midnight Music (Records) Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Midnight Music (Records) Ltd.
- Published By – Midnight Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Surrey Sound Studios
- Remixed At – Alaska Studios
- Recorded At – The Brunel Rooms
- Recorded At – Spaceward Studios
- Mastered At – The Sound Clinic
- Pressed By – MPO
- Bass – Cliff Silver, Steve Carter (tracks: A1, A2)
- Cover [Front Cover: 'Le Cri'], Photography By [Back Cover] – Cliff Ash
- Drums, Percussion – Nigel Pollard
- Guitar – Tristan Garel-Funk
- Keyboards, Saxophone – David Wood (2)
- Mastered By [Vinyl Cut] – Jonz*
- Producer – Roger Pusey (tracks: A6 to B3)
- Vocals – Garce
- Written-By – Sad Lovers And Giants
Sad Lovers And Giants fell apart at the end of 1983. This record is a collection of previously unreleased recordings spanning their lifetime.
50:50 and The Change (Tracks A1 and A2):
Demos recorded at Pet Sounds in early 1981. Electronically 'tweaked' 1984. "50:50" was soon dropped from the set but "The Change" survived as an occasional encore.
Interlude (Track A3):
Recorded live at The Venue, September 1982. Electronically 'tweaked' 1984. This instrumental dates back to the group's early days and was phased out by 1983.
Landslide and Echoplay (Tracks A4 and A5):
Out-takes from the "Colourless Dream" sessions at Surrey Sound, Summer 1981. "Landslide" had already been released on the group's first single/EP, "Clé", and "Echoplay" was re-recorded for "Epic Garden Music". These versions were remixed at Alaska, summer 1984.
Sex Without Gravity, There Was No Time, Clint and Alice (Isn't Playing) (Tracks A6 to B3):
Radio One John Peel Session, late 1981. "Sex Without Gravity" was never performed anywhere else and "There Was No Time" was soon replaced by new material. "Clint" and "Alice (Isn't Playing)" were subsequently recorded for "Epic Garden Music", although another version of "Clint" had already appeared on the "The Thing From The Crypt" compilation. The producer for Radio One was Roger Pursey and these tracks are released by arrangement with BBC Enterprises Limited.
3 Lines (Track B4):
Recorded live at the Brunel Rooms, Swindon, March, 1983. Electronically 'tweaked' 1984. "3 Lines" later metamorphosed into "Dividing Lines", an unfinished out-take of "Feeding The Flame".
Imagination (Track B5):
Out-take from "Feeding The Flame". Recorded at Spaceward, summer 1983. "Imagination" originally appeared as the A-side of "Clé", but the group wished to record a better version.
The artist name is printed on the spine and labels as "Sad Lovers And Giants" and as "Sad Lovers & Giants" on the cover.
Mastered at the Sound Clinic, London.
Pressed at MPO Averton, France.
© 1984 Midnight Music (Records) Ltd.
Printed in England.
Tracks A6 to B3 released by arrangement with BBC Enterprises Limited.
All titles published by Midnight Music Ltd.
℗ Midnight Music (Records) Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): MPO CHIME 00·07 A¹ Jonz
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): MPO CHIME 00·07 B¹ Sound Clinic