Saint Etienne – Foxbase Alpha
2 × Vinyl, LP, 45 RPM, Album, Reissue, Gatefold
Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single Sided
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||This Is Radio Etienne|
|A2||Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Bass Guitar – Harvey WilliamsVocals – Moira LambertWritten-By – Neil Young
|B3||She's The One|
|C1||Stoned To Say The Least|
|C2||Nothing Can Stop Us|
|C3||Etienne Gonna Die|
|D1||London Belongs To Me|
|D2||Like The Swallow|
|Remains Of The Day|
|E1||Kiss And Make Up|
|F2||People Get Real|
|F3||Winter In America
Vocals – Donna SavageWritten-By – Gil Scott-Heron
Voice [Spoken Vocal] – Stephen Duffy
|Kiss And Make Up (Demo)|
|G||Kiss And Make Up (Demo)
Vocals – Moira Lambert
- Engineer – Ian Catt
- Liner Notes [2009 Band Interview] – Tom Ewing (3)
- Liner Notes [2016 Bob Stanley Interview] – Michael Hann (2)
- Photography By [Band Photograph, Foxbase Alpha / Remains Of The Day] – Joe Dilworth
- Producer – Saint Etienne
- Sleeve [Original Sleeve, Foxbase Alpha] – Anthony Sweeney
- Sleeve Notes [Foxbase Alpha Original Sleeve Notes] – Jon Savage
- Sleeve Notes [Remains Of The Day Track By Track Notes] – Bob*, Pete*, Sarah*
- Vocals – Sarah Cracknell (tracks: A1, A3 to E1, E3 to F2, F4, F5)
- Written-By – Stanley* (tracks: A1, A3 to F2, F4 to G), Wiggs* (tracks: A1, A3 to F2, F4 to G)
℗ & © 2016 Saint Etienne Limited under exclusive license to [PIAS]
Limited to 2000 copies worldwide, the 25th anniversary edition box comes with an info sheet detailing its content:
"This limited edition vinyl set celebrates the 25th anniversary of the release of Saint Etienne's debut long player 'Foxbase Alpha'.
The set includes:
* The original album remastered and cut onto two twelve inch 45rpm discs for higher fidelity, housed in an exclusive gatefold version of the original sleeve.
* ‘Remains Of The Day’, an exclusive album that gathers together ten rare 'Foxbase Alpha'-era recordings, most of which are appearing on vinyl for the first time.
* An exclusive one-sided 7” featuring the original, previously unreleased version of ‘Kiss And Make Up’, featuring ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’ singer Moira Lambert.
* A perfect bound, 12" square, 28 page book featuring many unseen photographs and artefacts from the era, plus a new interview with Bob Stanley by the Guardian's Michael Hann.
* Three 10”x 8” black and white portraits of the group.
* A perforated sheet of Foxbase Alpha trading cards.
* Exact reproductions of the original album press release and biography.
* A digital download code for all of the music."
Sticker on shrink wrap:
25th anniversary edition
• three 12" vinyl discs
• exclusive 7" single
• 28 page book
plus lots more
full details on reverse of box
Some copies pre-ordered from band's web store were sent with a Foxbase Alpha plastic carrier bag.
Although the version of 'Kiss And Make Up' appearing on the 'Remains Of The Day' LP features vocals by Sarah Cracknell, the version available to download features vocals by Donna Savage.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text, as printed on box set info sheet): 5 414939 945694
- Barcode (String): 5414939945694
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side A): HVNLP1SE-A 147254M1/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side B): HVNLP1SE-B 147254M2/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side C): HVNLP1SE-C 147254M3/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side D): HVNLP1SE-D 147254M4/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side E): HVNLP1SE-E 147254E5/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side F): HVNLP1SE-F 147254E6/A
- Matrix / Runout (runout-groove side G): HVN-DEMO-A 147695H1/B
- Other (Foxbase Alpha LPs catalogue number): HVNLP1SE
- Other (Remains Of The Day LP catalogue number): HVNLP1RD
- Other (Kiss And Make Up (Demo) 7" catalogue number): HVN4-DEMO
Other Versions (5 of 30) View All
|HVNLP1CD||Saint Etienne||Foxbase Alpha (CD, Album)||Heavenly||HVNLP1CD||UK||1991||Sell This Version|
|9 26793-2||Saint Etienne||Foxbase Alpha (CD, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||9 26793-2||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|HVNLP1CD, 4989992000||Saint Etienne||Foxbase Alpha (CD, Album, RE)||Heavenly, Columbia||HVNLP1CD, 4989992000||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|9 26793-4, 4-26793||Saint Etienne||Foxbase Alpha (Cass, Album, AR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 26793-4, 4-26793||US||1991||Sell This Version|
|9 26793-4, 4-26793||Saint Etienne||Foxbase Alpha (Cass, Album, SR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 26793-4, 4-26793||US||1991||Sell This Version|