|1||A World To Win||3:50|
|2||You Know Her||3:36|
|3||Never Forget How To Dance||3:46|
|4||You're Really Nowhere At All||4:16|
|5||Warm Welcomes Cold Goodbyes||4:16|
|7||It's A Shame||4:02|
|8||Under The Stars||3:27|
|12||Good Night God Bless||3:48|
|13||I Learned To Love You||3:30|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fallen Angel Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Fallen Angel Ltd
- Licensed To – Nunflower SRL
- Licensed From – Fallen Angel Ltd
- Distributed By – edel music AG
- Recorded At – The Dairy Studios
- Recorded At – Cinik Studios
- Mixed At – The Dairy Studios
- Mastered At – Skye Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – EDC Blackburn Ltd
- Acoustic Bass [Acoustic Bass Guitar] – Henry Thomas
- Acoustic Guitar – Tony Remy
- Arranged By [String Section, Cellos], Conductor [String Section, Cellos] – Enrico Melozzi
- Artwork, Design [Album Design] – Todd Hedgpeth
- Bouzouki [Bazouki] – Stavros Miller
- Brass, Arranged By [Brass Arrangement] – Ralph Carney (tracks: 12)
- Cello – Danilo Squitieri (tracks: 6), Diego Romano (tracks: 6), Enrico Melozzi (tracks: 6), Eugenia Di Bonaventura (tracks: 6), Federico Perpich (tracks: 6), Gennaro Della Monica (tracks: 6), Jacopo Di Tonno, Sara Gentile (tracks: 6), Sebastiano Severi (tracks: 6)
- Classical Guitar [Nylon String Guitar] – Dominic Miller
- Drums, Guiro [Reco Reco], Cajón, Tamborim [Nylon Gtr], Shaker [Shakers], Percussion [Calabash], Percussion [Hang Drum], Triangle, Tambourine [Tamborine] – Martyn Barker
- Engineer – Tom Loffman
- Liner Notes – John Fordham
- Lyrics By, Music By – Dominic Miller (tracks: 11), Johny Brown* (tracks: 11), Martyn Barker (tracks: 11), Sarah Jane Morris (tracks: 11)
- Mastered By – Denis*
- Mixed By – Phill Brown
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Tom Loffman
- Photography By – Rod Morris (3)
- Photography By [Photo Rendering] – Gordon Robertson (2)
- Piano – Alastair Gavin
- Producer – Dominic Miller, Martyn Barker, Sarah Jane Morris
- Recorded By [Strings], Mixed By [Strings Premixed By] – Vincenzo Schiavo
- Viola – Nico Cincugno
- Violin – Ilaria Cusano, Luisiana Lorusso, Zita Musci
- Vocals [All Vocals] – Sarah Jane Morris
- Words By, Music By – Boo Hewerdine (tracks: 10), Dominic Miller (tracks: 1 to 4, 12, 13), Hawksley Workman (tracks: 7), John Brown (34) (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9, 12, 13), Martyn Barker (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9), Sarah Jane Morris (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9, 12, 13), Simon Edwards (tracks: 2)
7-panel/14-page fold-out insert with lyrics, liner notes, photos
Liner notes by John Fordham, Guardian jazz critic, London, January 2009
Durations not listed on the release.
While some of the songs are political, like A World To Win, which highlights the plight of the people of Burma, many of the songs reflect the emotional turmoil of separation and divorce which Sarah Jane has been going through over the last two years.
The songs were recorded over three days at The Dairy in Brixton. All songs were recorded live and most were first take.
7: Originally called 'A Song for Sarah Jane'
Mixed at The Dairy Studios, Brixton, UK.
String section and cellos recorded at Cinik Studios in Rome.
Strings recorded and premixed at Cinik Studios, Rome.
Mastered at Skye Mastering, Portree - Isle Of Skye, UK.
Rod Morris: photos rodmorris.co.uk
Published by Nunflower SRL on exclusive license from Fallen Angel Ltd.
Distributed worldwide by Edel AG.
Simon Edwards: additional writer for track 2 [doesn't appear on the release]
(C) 2009 Fallen Angel Ltd
(P) 2009 Fallen Angel Ltd
Made in England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: EDC Blackburn Ltd FALLEN010 01
- Other (Mould SID code): IFPI 0410
- Other (Mastering SID code): IFPI L135
- Barcode: 5 038622 120122