Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Farmer In The City
Arranged By, Conductor [Conducted By] – Brian GascoigneLute [Chittaroni] – Elizabeth KennyOboe – Roy Carter (2)Orchestra – Strings Of Sinfonia Of London*
Celesta [Celeste], Organ [Organ Of The Methodist Central Hall] – Brian GascoigneGuitar – Hugh BurnsHorns, Reeds – Andrew CronshawPercussion – Alasdair Malloy, Louis Jardim*
|A3||Bouncer See Bouncer...
Bass Drum [Prog Bass Drum] – Peter WalshBass Flute – Andy Findon*, Jim Gregory*Clarinet – Roy JowittFlute [Flutes] – Jonathan SnowdenOboe – Roy Carter (2)Orchestrated By [Woodwind Orchestration], Organ [Organ Of The Methodist Central Hall] – Brian GascoigneSounds [Locust Sounds Taken From Nigel Eaton's Hurdy Gurdy] – Nigel Eaton
Concertina – Andrew CronshawOrgan [Organ Of The Methodist Central Hall] – Brian GascoignePercussion – Alasdair Malloy, Louis Jardim*
|B1||Face On Breast
Bass Drum [Bass Drum On Lap And Kit All At Once] – Ian ThomasOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Colin Pulbrook*Whistle – Peter Walsh, Scott Walker
Cimbalom – Greg KnowlesFlute [Ba-Wu Flute] – Andrew CronshawGuitar [Guitars] – Hugh BurnsPercussion – Alasdair Malloy, Louis Jardim*
|B3||Patriot (A Single)
Arranged By, Conductor [Conducted By] – Brian GascoigneBass Drum [Military Bass Drum], Cymbal [Cymbals] – Ian ThomasOrchestra – Strings Of Sinfonia Of London*Piccolo Flute [Piccolo] – Jonathan SnowdenTrumpet [Trumpets] – John Barclay
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mercury Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Drag City Inc.
- Recorded At – RAK Studios
- Recorded At – The Town House
- Recorded At – Central Hall, Westminster
- Recorded At – CTS Studios
- Mixed At – Metropolis Studios
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Published By – Polygram International Music Publishing
- Published By – Polygram Music International
- A&R – David Bates
- Art Direction, Design – Stylorouge
- Bass – John Giblin
- Concept By [Concept And Hand] – Scott Walker
- Drums – Ian Thomas
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Richard Evans (3) (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2)
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer - Methodist Central Hall] – Craig Walmsley
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer - Metropolis Studios] – James Loughrey, Kevin Jacobs
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer - RAK Recording Studios] – Henry Binns
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer - Townhouse Studios] – Lorraine Francis, Pete Lewis
- Guitar – Scott Walker (tracks: B5)
- Guitar [Guitars] – David Rhodes (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Keyboards – Brian Gascoigne
- Management – Negus-Fancey Co*
- Mastered By – Ian Cooper
- Mixed By – Peter Walsh, Scott Walker
- Photography By [Cover Photography], Artwork [Image Manipulation] – David Scheinmann
- Photography By [Studio Photography] – Phil Knott
- Producer [Produced By] – Peter Walsh, Scott Walker
- Recorded By – Peter Walsh, Richard Evans (3) (tracks: B1, B4)
- Recorded By [Orchestra - CTS Studios] – Andrew Taylor (2)
- Vocals – Scott Walker
- Words By, Music By – N. S. Engel*
© 1997 Drag City Inc.
All rights in this sound recording are owned by N. S. Engel.
Recorded at RAK Recording Studios and at Townhouse Studios.
Organ recorded at Methodist Central Hall.
Orchestra recorded at CTS Studios.
Mastered at Metropolis Mastering Limited.
All songs composed '91-'92 except "Manhattan" composed '87 and "Rosary" composed '93 .
For "The Cockfighter" excerpts relocated from the trial of Queen Caroline and the trial of Adolf Eichmann.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 036172 913411
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, mix of etched and stamped): 1481.1 Ⓜ EXP [illegible, scratched out] 95 2 526859-1 A1 DC-134 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, mix of etched and stamped): 1481.2 Ⓜ EXP [illegible, scratched out] 95 2 526859-1 B1 DC-134 B
Other Versions (5 of 9) View All
|526 859-1||Scott Walker||Tilt (LP, Album, Ltd, Num)||Fontana||526 859-1||Europe||1995||Sell This Version|
|PHCR-1373||Scott Walker||Tilt (CD, Album, RP)||Fontana||PHCR-1373||Japan||1995||Sell This Version|
|526 859-2||Scott Walker||Tilt (CD, Album)||Fontana||526 859-2||UK & Europe||1995||Sell This Version|
|526 859-2||Scott Walker||Tilt (CD, Album, RP)||Fontana||526 859-2||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|DC134CD||Scott Walker||Tilt (CD, Album, RE)||Drag City||DC134CD||US||1997||Sell This Version|