- Bass, Percussion – Bill Laswell
- Cornet – Olu Dara
- Executive Producer – Celluloid Inc.
- Mastered By – HW*
- Mixed By – Dave Jerden
- Producer – Afrika Bambaataa, Material
- Synthesizer, Drum Programming [Dmx] – Michael Beinhorn
- Trombone – Craig Harris (3)
- Vocals – Amad Henderson, Fred Fowler, Jimmy Mac
- Written-By – Bambaataa*, Material
"CELLULOID INC. 260 W 39 NYC NY 10018"
Later copies of this release were issued with only a generic Celluloid die-cut art jacket: Shango - Zulu Groove.
Detailed musician credits are only on the Graffiti-artwork jacket version of this release, not on the label. Label text only has artist, writer, producer and exec. producer credits.
- Times manually taken for both sides!
- The B-Side is not an instrumental version as indicated. It is a shortened vocal version of side A, based mainly on the "fired up" vocal part of the song.
Compared to the other version with only the "B" in the run-out, see here: Release-63158 Shango - Zulu Groove
That one has an instrumental version, which combines a short accapella intro, instrumental beats and a vocal-echo-dub-ending.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (side A): CEL-163-A MASTERDISK A-1
- Matrix / Runout (side B): CEL-163-B-2 MASTERDISK A-1
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|CEL 163, 08.22836||Shango||Zulu Groove (12")||Celluloid, Celluloid||CEL 163, 08.22836||Netherlands||1983||Sell This Version|
|13443||Shango||Zulu Groove (7")||Carrere||13443||France||1983||Sell This Version|
|8328||Shango||Zulu Groove (12")||Carrere||8328||France||1983||Sell This Version|
|CEL 163||Shango||Zulu Groove (12", RE)||Celluloid||CEL 163||US||1983||Sell This Version|