Tracklist Hide Credits
|Concerto No. 1 In C Major, Op. 15
Conductor – Herbert Menges
|A1||1st Movement: Allegro Con Brio|
|A2||2nd Movement: Largo|
|A3||3rd Movement: Rondo (Allegro Scherzando - Cadenza - Tempo 1|
|Concerto No. 2 In B Flat Major, Op. 19
Conductor – André Cluytens
|B1||1st Movement: Allegro Con Brio - Cadenza - Tempo 1|
|B2||2nd Movement: Adagio|
|B3||3rd Movement: Rondo (Molto Allegro)|
- Blue label / silver text
- "music for pleasure" in large lower case text around top circumference of label
- Circular PAUL HAMLYN / EMI RECORDS / mfp logo at centre top.
- "MADE IN U.K. SUBJECT TO RESALE PRICE CONDITIONS, SEE PRICE LISTS" above centre hole
- "MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN" around label circumference at 2 o'clock
- Copyright text etc. anticlockwise around circumference of label from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock
- Conductor of Concerto No. 2 miscredited as Herbert Menges instead of André Cluytens
- Front laminated
- 3 flipbacks
- Sleeve notes in English only
- Circular PAUL HAMLYN EMI RECORDS mfp logo / EMI globe logo on sleeve back (bottom left)
- "Music For Pleasure Ltd, Drury House, Russell Street, London WC2"
- "Made in Great Britain by EMI Records (The Gramophone Co. Ltd)"
- "Printed and made in Great Britain by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd."
- Front Cover: "PHOTOGRAPH: FOTOFAST (Michelangelo's Angelo Portacandelabro, in the Basilica di San Dominico, Bologna)"
OTHER INFORMATION (For reference source see Submission Notes)
- Piano Concerto No. 1 recorded on 16, 17 & 23 September 1956 at Studio No. 1, Abbey Road and first issued in the UK on HMV ALP 1583
- Piano Concerto No. 2 recorded on 1, 3, 5 & 6 November 1952 at Studio No. 1, Abbey Road and first issued in the UK on HMV BLP 1024
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A Stamped): MFP 2067 A-2 RT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B Stamped ): MFP 2067 B-1 GA 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): MFP 2067A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): MFP 2067B