Tracklist Hide Credits
Piano – Edmund Niemann, Nurit TillesVibraphone – James Preiss, Thad WheelerXylophone – Frank Cassara, Garry Kvistad
Film Director – Marc Wessels
- Recorded At – Studio Trilogy
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Mixed At – John Kilgore Sound
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonesuch Records
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Cello – Jeffrey Zeigler (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Design – Barbara De Wilde
- Edited By [Assistant] – Jeanne Velonis (tracks: 4 to 7)
- Engineer – John Kilgore
- Engineer [Assistant] – Charlie Kramsky, Justin Lieberman (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3), Wesley Hovanec, Willie Samuels (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3)
- Ensemble – Kronos Quartet (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3), Sō Percussion* (tracks: CD-4 to CD-6, DVD-1)
- Executive-producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Marimba – Adam Sliwinski (tracks: CD-4 to CD-6, DVD-1), Josh Quillen (tracks: CD-4 to CD-6, DVD-1)
- Mastered By – Robert C. Ludwig*
- Mixed By – John Kilgore (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3, CD-7), Judith Sherman (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3, CD-7), Steve Reich (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3, CD-7)
- Photography By [Cover, Detail] – Masatomo Kuriya
- Photography By [Steve Reich, Kronos Quartet] – Jay Blakesberg
- Photography By [Sō Percussion] – Janette Beckman, Sasithon Pooviriyakul
- Producer – Judith Sherman
- Vibraphone – Eric Beach (tracks: CD-4 to CD-6, DVD-1), Jason Treuting (tracks: CD-4 to CD-6, DVD-1)
- Viola – Hank Dutt (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3)
- Violin – David Harrington (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3), John Sherba (tracks: CD-1 to CD-3)
Recorded February 21-24, 2011, at Studio Trilogy, San Francisco, CA
Mixed at John Kilgore Sound, New York, NY.
Commissioned by the Kronos Quartet.
World Premiere: March 19, 2011, by Kronos Quartet, at Duke University, Durham, NC.
"Dedicated to the victims of 9/11. A portion of any profits from the piece will be donated to the FDNY Foundation for the benefit of New York City firefighters and their families."
Mallet Quartet (2009)
Recorded March 22, 2011, in Studio C of Avatar Studios, New York, NY
Mixed at John Kilgore Sound
Co-commissioned by the Amadinda Quartet in Budapest, on the occasion of its 25th Anniversary, by Nexus in Toronto, Sō Percussion in New York, and Synergy Percussion in Australia. The world premiere was given by the Amadinda Quartet in Bela Bartók National Concert Hall, Budapest, on December 6, 2009. The American premiere was given by Sō Percussion at Stanford University Lively Arts on January 9, 2010.
Mallet Quartet DVD is Region 1 with SD PCM audio encoding.
Dance Patterns (2002)
Recorded December 13, 2004, in Studio A of Avatar Studios
Commissioned by the Ictus Ensemble to accompany Counterphrases of de Keersmaeker’s Choreography, a film by Thierry de Mey about the work of choreographer Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker.
Mastered at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, ME.
Comes in glossy double-panel Digipak-like sleeve with booklet.
Original artwork art (also submitted here) featuring Masatomo Kuriya's infamous photograph of the second plane flying into the World Trade Center on 11 September, 2001, was eventually changed for this final cover art "so we can put the focus back where it belongs, on the music" wrote Steve Reich.
Pre-order comes with a digital download of the album at 320 kbps.
℗ & © 2011 Nonesuch Records & WEA International Inc. for the world outside the United States
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 75597964578
- Other (SPARS Codes): DDD
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All
|528236-2||Steve Reich||WTC 9/11 / Mallet Quartet / Dance Patterns (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||Nonesuch (2)||528236-2||Russia||2011||Sell This Version|
|7559-79645-7||Steve Reich - Kronos Quartet||Steve Reich - Kronos Quartet - WTC 9/11 (CD, Album + DVD-V, NTSC)||Nonesuch||7559-79645-7||Europe||2011||Sell This Version|
|PRO 400160||Steve Reich||WTC 9/11 / Mallet Quartet / Dance Patterns (CD, Album, Promo)||Nonesuch||PRO 400160||US||2011||Sell This Version|