|A3||Too Much Time On My Hands||4:35|
|A6||The Best Of Times||6:08|
|A7||Suite Madame Blue||8:22|
|B1||Rockin' The Paradise||4:04|
|B2||Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)||4:22|
|B4||Don't Let It End||5:12|
|B5||Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)||5:34|
|B7||Come Sail Away||8:06|
- Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic … Guitars], Lead Guitar [Lead … Guitars], Electric Guitar [Electric Guitars], Vocoder, Vocals – Tommy Shaw
- Art Direction – Chuck Beeson
- Bass Guitar, Synthesizer [Bass Pedals], Vocals – Chuck Panozzo
- Coordinator [Production Co-ordinator] – Craig Fruin
- Crew [Rigging] – Mike Sapsis, Mike Whalen (2), Scott Williams (27)
- Crew [Stage Construction] – Tom Battista (2)
- Design [Album] – Chuck Beeson, Mike Fink
- Drums, Percussion – John Panozzo
- Electric Guitar [Electric … Guitars], Lead Guitar [Lead Guitars], Synthesizer [String], Vocals – James Young (3)
- Engineer [Assembly], Edited By [Edit By] – Rob Kingsland
- Engineer [Monitor Mix] – Mike Cooper (2)
- Keyboards, Vocals – Dennis DeYoung
- Lighting [Technicians] – Bill Stern (2), George Hoadley, Jeff Harvey (3), John Haney (2), Randy Darrah, Richard "Krinkle" Kreuzkamp*, Steve Zweifel
- Lighting [Vari-Lite Technician] – Bob "Gersh" Gershenfeld*
- Management [Assistant Tour Manager] – Doug Casper
- Management [Direction] – Front Line Management, Howard Kaufman
- Management [Tour Manager] – Mark Kogan
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Mixed By [Mixed … Assistant Engineer] – Jim Popko
- Mixed By [Mixed … Engineered By] – Gary Loizzo
- Mixed By [Mixed … Engineered … With] – Will Rascati
- Other [Bus Drivers] – Bill Carroll, Gerald "Bassman" Howell
- Other [Flight Attendant] – Sharee Gaynor
- Other [Merchandising, Winterland] – Larry Vigil
- Other [Merchandising] – George Carlson, Howard Brisendine
- Other [Personal Stage Wardrobe Design] – Peggy Martin, Ray Brown
- Other [Pilots, Capt.] – Robert "Buzz" Krissman
- Other [Pilots, FO] – Todd Taylor
- Other [Projectionist] – Jeff Platt
- Other [Security] – Chris Arnstein
- Other [Tour Accounting] – Chuck Russo, Doug McNeil
- Other [Truck Drivers] – Bill "Mississippi" McShane, Dale Hubenschmidt, Jack Trombley, John Meier, Paul Mortensen
- Other [Wardrobe] – Steve Pardee
- Photography By – Abel Armas II, Jeff Ravitz, Paul Natkin
- Producer [Produced … By], Arranged By – Styx
- Production Manager – George Packer
- Recorded By – Westwood One
- Recorded By [Live Recording Engineers … With] – Biff Dawes
- Recorded By [Live Recording Engineers] – Gary Loizzo
- Recorded By [Live Recording Engineers], Engineer [Sound] – Rob Kingsland
- Set Designer [Production … Designer], Lighting [Lighting Designer] – Jeff Ravitz
- Technician [Assistant Guitar] – Paul "Taz" Marosi*, Stan Stocki
- Technician [Bass Guitar] – Ed Stuckey
- Technician [Drum] – Bob "Yaz" Jastrzembski
- Technician [Guitar] – Tom "Rocko" Reedy*
- Technician [Keyboard] – George Leemon
- Technician [Sound Technicians] – Everett Lybolt, Mike "Hoss" Keifer*, Ray Dilfield, Sean Webb
Recorded for "In Concert" by Westwood One
Special thanks to Michael C (he always was) and the 4108 Club,
Johnny Skins (furoa sho wa nanji hajim arimasu ka), Dalton,
Mildred Shaw, Shirley, Rahn and John.
Mixed at Pumpkin Studios, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Mastered … at Sterling Sound, New York
Vari-Lite Technician … (for Showco, Inc.)
Lighting Technicians … (for VTL, Inc.)
Sound Technicians … (for Audio Analysts)
Tour Accounting … (for Phoenix Management)
℗1975 A&M Records, Inc.
℗1976 A&M Records, Inc.
[Track B3, B5, B7:]
℗1977 A&M Records, Inc.
℗1978 A&M Records, Inc.
℗1979 A&M Records, Inc.
[Tracks A3, A5, A6, B1:]
℗1980 A&M Records, Inc.
[Tracks A2, B4:]
℗1983 A&M Records, Inc.
© ℗ 1984 A&M Records, Inc.
Made In U.S.A.
[From the liner notes, but regarding the film and not completely applicable to the album:]
A&M Video Presents
From a stage set in the future where rock groups are purged
and rock 'n roll is banned comes...
Styx Caught In The Act
The crime ... performing their greatest hits.
Can rock 'n roll stay alive?
Caught In The Act brings you closer to the answer than you've ever
seen or heard before.
The feature film…
Rockin' The Paradise
Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)
Too Much Time On My Hands
Don't Let It End
Heavy Metal Poisoning
Best Of Times
Come Sail Away
Haven't We Been Here Before?
Don't Let It End (Reprise)
Track durations are not printed on the release.
Track A1 is a new studio recording; remaining tracks recorded live.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (On Spine): CRC
- Other (On Spine): 120 μs EQ CHROME
- Other (On Cassette): CrO₂
Other Versions (5 of 40) View All
|827 697, 396 514-1||Styx||Caught In The Act Live (2xLP, Album)||A&M Records, A&M Records||827 697, 396 514-1||Germany||1984||Sell This Version|
|PA-84-086||Styx||Caught In The Act... Live (Laserdisc, 12", NTSC, CLV)||Pioneer Artists, A&M Video||PA-84-086||USA & Canada||1983||Sell This Version|
|CS-6514||Styx||Caught In The Act (Cass, Album, Club, Dol)||A&M Records||CS-6514||Canada||1984||Sell This Version|
|3220141, SP-6514||Styx||Caught In The Act Live (2xLP, Album)||PGP RTB, A&M Records||3220141, SP-6514||Yugoslavia||1984||Sell This Version|
|AMLM 66704||Styx||Caught In The Act Live (2xLP, Album, Gat)||A&M Records||AMLM 66704||Portugal||1984||Sell This Version|