Tracklist Hide Credits
- Bass – Arvell Shaw
- Clarinet – Barney Bigard
- Design [Cover] – Studio Eric Wondergem bNO baarn holland*
- Drums – Cozy Cole (tracks: 11), Sid Catlett* (tracks: 1 to 10, 12 to 15)
- Liner Notes – Jerry Valburn
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Leloir, France*
- Piano – Earl Hines
- Recorded By – Jeff Scott (6), Virgil S. Thompson
- Trombone – Jack Teagarden
- Trumpet – Louis Armstrong
Track 1: Recorded August 5th, 1949.
Tracks 2, 10, 13: Recorded September 11th, 1948.
Tracks 3, 5-7: Recorded June 3rd, 1948.
Track 4: Recorded June 2nd, 1948.
Track 8: Recorded August 5th, 1949.
Track 9: Recorded June 4th, 1948.
Track 11: Recorded September 18th, 1948.
Track 12: Recorded June 5th, 1948.
All June 1948 material is from Ciro's in Philadelphia. Everything else is from The Click in Philadelphia. Cozy Cole replaces Sid Catlett with the September 18th Click pickup here.
We are indebted to both Virgil S. Thompson and Jeff Scott for the use of their acetates of this material. These men, both Philadelphia residents, recorded the All Stars during this period of time.
Track 15 is printed as "Theme: I Got The Right To Sing The Blues" on the CD.
On Back Cover:
This Compilation Ⓟ1995 Galaxy Music Ltd.
Made in Holland.
This Compilation Ⓟ1993 Galaxy Music Ltd
Made in E.E.C.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 711638 912024
- Matrix / Runout: MASTERS 3801202 01$
- Mould SID Code: 291
- Rights Society: MCPS/BIEM
- Other (Spars Code): AAD
- Barcode: 711638 012021