|A1||Love Me Do||2:22|
|A3||There's A Place||1:47|
|A4||Sie Liebt Dich||2:16|
|A5||And I Love Her||2:36|
|A7||I'm Only Sleeping||2:59|
|A8||I Am The Walrus||4:32|
|B3||Don't Pass Me By||3:45|
|B4||The Inner Light||2:32|
|B5||Across The Universe||3:44|
|B6||You Know My Name (Look Up My Number)||4:17|
|B7||Sgt. Pepper Inner Groove||0:02|
- Art Direction, Design – Henry E. Marquez*, Roy Kohara
- Edited By [Special Editing] – George Irwin, John Palladino
- Liner Notes [Annotations], Compiled By – Randall Davis
- Other [Special Assistance] – Stephen Peeples
- Photography By [Cover / Liner Background] – Rick Wolin-Semple
- Producer – George Martin
- Research – Ron Furmanek, Walter Podrazik*
- Written-By – George Harrison (tracks: B4), J. Lennon-P. Mc Cartney* (tracks: A1 to B2, B5, B6), Richard Starkey (tracks: B3)
This album is a compilation of tracks that were considered rare in the US at the time. B-sides and other tracks that hadn't been on any Capitol album, different mixes etc.
Also known for reproducing the infamous "butcher shot" for the first time since Yesterday & Today in 1966, on the inside gatefold.
The jacket used is the first US version where is no George Martin producer credit on the back lower left corner and the text for "Helter Skelter" there is an error that states "...so you don't hear the classic Lennon statement..." The photos on this cover are not raised/embossed.
Some pressings came with the same inner sleeve as the US version, with 32 black & white photos. Some came with just a plain black inner sleeve.
Printed by Offset France, logo on lower left back corner.
There is a later French pressing as well, with a barcode, here: The Beatles - Rarities
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: SACEM
- Other (Distribution Code on sleeve): PM 261
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 1): 2C 070 - 07.291
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 2): 2C 070 - 07.291
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 1): C 070 - 07.291 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 2): C 070 - 07.291 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side 1, stamped): M6 33200 6 I 729I A 2I
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side 2, stamped): M6 33200 7 I 729I B 2I
Other Versions (5 of 32) View All
|SHAL-12060||The Beatles||Rarities (LP, Comp, Mono, 1st)||Capitol Records||SHAL-12060||US||1980||Sell This Version|
|SHAL-12060||The Beatles||Rarities (CDr, Comp, Mono, Unofficial)||Capitol Records (2)||SHAL-12060||US||2001||Sell This Version|
|4XA-12060||The Beatles||Rarities (Cass, Comp)||Capitol Records||4XA-12060||Canada||1980||Sell This Version|
|TC-PCSO-7581||The Beatles||Rarities (Cass, Comp, Dol)||Parlophone||TC-PCSO-7581||Australia||1980||Sell This Version|
|SHAL-12060||The Beatles||Rarities (LP, Comp, Mono, 2nd)||Capitol Records||SHAL-12060||US||1980||Sell This Version|