Many of these tracks come from demos, home recordings, rehearsals, etc, so the original quality is low. In this album we try to improve the audio quality as much as possible, recovering audio drops, fixing technical problems, recording failures and so on.
Software tools have been used to clean, remaster and enhance the tracks, without ever losing the fidelity of their originals. Short and unfinished songs were sewn into each other, with soft transitions, resulting in a more consistent track.
The overdubs and collages used were extracted from original Beatles material.
Eight-CD box set compilation of Beatles unreleased tracks. (Never released in any studio album*(1) or as singles*(2)).
All tracks (*3) are from the Beatles activity period: 1958 to 1969 / plus Anthology sessions: 1994/95.
*1 - exception to: 'Yellow Submarine in Pepperland', 'Maggie Mae', 'Her Majesty', 'Tomorrow Never Knows/Within You Without You'.
*2 - exception to: 'Free As A Bird', 'Real Love' and 'Christmas Time (Is Here Again)' (1995/96 singles).
*3 - exception to: 'Now and Then' and 'Every Mother Comes Anytime' - solo collages.
The box comprises nearly 100% of THE Beatles original compositions and cover tracks unpublished or not officially released. Only few songs were left out: some covers/jam/short compositions with low quality-performance production.
The tracks consist of original Beatles material*. All overdubs are also extracted from original Beatles material.*
- 'Now and Then'*(1) and 'Every Mother Comes Anytime' - collages of Beatles members solo careers and fan overdub (1).
- 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' - new arrangements (over the original demo) by George Martin for the Cirque du Soleil soundtrack,2006.
- 'Watching Rainbows' (only in the final part - jam) - added a bass overdub made by fan, using strictly the same Paul's model bass and strings.
- 'Hot As Sun' - features sea sounds*(1) overdub to fill in the problems of the original tape. (1) - extracted from the McCartney's Oobu Joobu radio show outtakes.
- 'Sour Milk Sea' was composed and produced by George Harrison in 1968 for the singer Jackie Lomax. Performed by:
George Harrison: acoustic guitar, lead guitar (solo)
Paul McCartney: bass / Ringo Starr: drums
Jackie Lomax: vocals / Eric Clapton: lead guitar / Nicky Hopkins: piano
In the presented version was added the original Harrison vocal (extracted from the original demo) over the Lomax vocals.
- 'On the Bed' from Harrison's 'Wonderwall Music', recorded in 1968, during the Beatles activity period. Harrison produced, composed and played the piano and sitar on this track.
- 'Love In The Open Air' and 'Theme From The Family Way' from McCartney's 'The Family Way (soundtrack)', recorded in 1966, during the Beatles activity period. The George Martin Orchestra perfomed Paul's compositions.
- 'Two Virgins' shorts extracts from John Lennon (and Yoko) album 'Unfinished Music No.1: Two Virgins', recorded in 1968, during the Beatles activity period. John play several instruments.
- 'Reeperbahn Bop' (My Bonnie and The Saints)*(1), 'Be-Bop-A-Lula'*(2) and 'Hallelujah I Love Her So'*(3) extracts from the instrumental parts performed by Beatles sung by other vocalists (1)Tony Sheridan, (2) Fred Fascher, (3) Horst Fascher.
We hope everyone will experience a magical mistery tour.
- The Producers
2017 - UK - Not For Sale!